Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductor values

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacj

I have a bunch of inductors that I need to know the value of. They are blue plastic canisters approx. 10mm x12mm. Both leads extend from the same end. They have "LH 210" printed on one end. I'm assuming that the number is the same as the codes on disc capacitors but I don't know if the value is given in milli-henries, micro-henries, or what.

i presume that they are in micro, beacuse i didnt see any inductor with values of pico or nano henries......but i might be totally wrong.

Please bear with me. Inductance can be measured. Some digital voltmeters have inductance measuring features. Another way is to use a DIP meter and capacitor - you find the resonant frequency with known capacitor then back your way into the value with a little math. I realize that you might not have the instruments to measure inductance but thought that if you knew what to ask for of fellow hobbyists who live nearby that you might find someone with the capability - give one to them and they'll measure it. I realize that you might be well aware of all this - but you might not hence my comments.

bogdanfirst:

That's what I was thinking. I didn't figure them to be in pico or nano Henries. Just thought they might be in milli-Henries.

stevez:

Alas, I know no one with the necessary equipment to measure the inductance of these coils, hence the question on this BB.

Thanks.

I think this number is a code, not value. The value printing system same as SMD resistors (disc caps.), dimension is microhenry. In this case 210=21uH, give not a standard value.
e.g. : 680=68uH, 681=680uH (the third digit is number of zeros)

Um, that's what I said in my first post.

I'm assuming that the number is the same as the codes on disc capacitors....

You are the second person to say they are rated in micro henries, so I'll assume that to be correct.

I have, in the past when money was tight, asked to 'see' a meter in my local Radio Shack that would measure inductance. The salesman won't care if you check your part with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back