Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image rename freeware -Do you know of any good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eblc1388

I need your help on this.

Can anyone suggests a freeware which can let one preview the image and enter a new meaningful filename for it, even better the ability to add the new filename also as default caption on the image itself if user does not specifically enter the caption, and a next button which all these changes are carried out and the next image then shown.

There are millions of file rename uttilities on the internet but I can't seem to locate what I needed.

Thanks for your help.

eblc1388 said:
I need your help on this.

Can anyone suggests a freeware which can let one preview the image and enter a new meaningful filename for it, even better the ability to add the new filename also as default caption on the image itself if user does not specifically enter the caption, and a next button which all these changes are carried out and the next image then shown.

There are millions of file rename uttilities on the internet but I can't seem to locate what I needed.

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried Ifranview it's freeware and I reckon it's the best image viewer around and you can change all sort of things with it

Cheers Bryan :D

Irfanview is definitely the best viewer out there. You can do batch processing, but I'm not sure you'll be able to do exactly what you described. It's still worth the free download though.

Make sure you take a look at Google's **broken link removed**, I think it's more likely to fill the bill. Also free 8)

Thanks guys.

All I needed is the simplest way to give meaningful names to several hundred image files which at present is just with names like dscf001.jpg....etc.

A preview of the image, a text box for me to type the filename and then "Enter" key to do the rename and load next image. I thought many many people would want this kind of software, right? Wrong. No one offer a freeware program to do just that. :cry:

eblc1388 said:
Thanks guys.

All I needed is the simplest way to give meaningful names to several hundred image files which at present is just with names like dscf001.jpg....etc.

A preview of the image, a text box for me to type the filename and then "Enter" key to do the rename and load next image. I thought many many people would want this kind of software, right? Wrong. No one offer a freeware program to do just that. :cry:

Irfanview does just that. That's what I use when I dump a load of pictures from my camera to the PC and don't want to do any edit or resize/resampling right away.

- Double-click on first picture you want to view, Irfanview pops-up
- F2 to rename, enter
- Spacebar for next picture

Irfanview will stop you when you went through all the pictures in the folder and ask you if you wanna start over to the first file.

Hi Joel,

Downloaded and installed Irfanview. Operation is very close to what I wanted, except that each time I have to press "Enter, spacebar, F2" to continue the process. Do I miss something?

eblc1388 said:
Hi Joel,

Downloaded and installed Irfanview. Operation is very close to what I wanted, except that each time I have to press "Enter, spacebar, F2" to continue the process. Do I miss something?

That's the best it can do, yeah.

But even if it was more automated, isn't the longest part of the process when you type the filename? I mean, "Enter, spacebar, F2" is just 3 more keystrokes... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back