Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm in need again...for connector that is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

Yeah, again i stumbled on unkown connector. It's from old nokia cellphone MCU420-01

Google didn't help for finding suitable cable, but if again you could find housing/pins, rest is much easier for me, to assemble cable that is.
But, even after that, there's still work of reverse-engineering to find/figure out pin assigments!
so, for now:
what connector, housing & pins. (i suspect it has separate pins from housing)
ask for better pictures if you need
IMG_0855.jpg IMG_0856.jpg

I opened it more, there was actually connector/pins i'm looking for, if it helps any way:
they look lot like picoblade and its variations....
IMG_0857.jpg IMG_0858.jpg

I thought pico-blades were more blade like rather than square, for example Molex 53261 :

upload_2015-5-14_12-2-47.png

If you can get or estimate the spacing, that would be a great help. I ususally measure the distance between several pins/receptcales and divide by the number of spaces.

John

Is this for $500 MOQ order?

oh, seems i was wrong about pico, truth is, there are so many connectors that look like one another....
but, seems i totally forgot to mesure pitch hehe...could'nt find my vernier, but from ruler 1.5mmm, but probadly 1.54 as it's standard no?
and housings lenght is 17.5mm total

oh, MOQ, minimun order quantity? sorry, had to check by google that acronym...
oh no, not 500$, more like one pcs is enought....unless i get rid of, what, many hundred connectors i dont need? :D

I spent the weekend looking at Molex and TE connectors in the 1.5 mm pitch range. There are, of course the 0.05" (1.27 mm) ones and others to worry about.

If it is 1.5 mm, take a look at the Molex Pico-SPOX, e.g., 87438-1043 :https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0874381043/WM7654CT-ND/699168 That device does have square pins. Another 1.5 mm offering by Molex is Pico-Lock, but I don't think the shroud in your device matches that device's shroud.

Very similar to the Pico-SPOX is the TE 292227. If you can see the crimped female pins, that should help tell the difference. Also, the TE unit comes in both a crimped pin and IDC design for the female coupler, but the Molex, so far as I could tell, comes only with crimped pins. So, if its IDC, then it may well be the TE device.

John

Last edited:
Yeah, they look indeed the same. i'll try to open housing to see pins.

Pins are on phone, these are sockets or female crimps for single wire and square post into a round hole. :rolleyes:

well i managed to open it, and from i measured, pins are match.
luckily i do have proper grimpers....

Pins are on phone, these are sockets or female crimps for single wire and square post into a round hole. :rolleyes:
haha, well i must use my language as my excuse for this ''minor'' error :D
found my vernier mind you, it was in tool box, hehe....

Two corrections:

1) I said female pins. What I meant was the female crimp or IDC terminals/contacts used on the hanging wire, which you show in your second post.
2) I was looking for RT angle connectors, yours is obviously a vertical connector on the board. TE and Molex make both versions of the part numbers I gave. Of course, the actual part numbers for the vertical versions are different.

John

If you ask for wrong sex of connector, you might end up with what you ask for..:smug:

Plugs are moveable , receptacles are fixed
Pins may be either sex actually when single crimped.
Crimp Socket is the specific term, crimp pin is generic with Female type descriptor,

But Military in US changed to non-sexist connector descriptions decades ago... Because we engineers make fun....

Unless you want a 3 way manage-a-trois adaptor or a butch anaphrodic power plug. :woot:

Last edited:
In California, my home state, gender is entirely up to the user to define.

One could also argue that the male connector uses female terminals and visa versa. Hence, I corrected my post.

John

Did that have any bearing on Ohio connectors? Home of one supplier who makes One-Way, Two-Way & Straight-Through Quick Connective Fluid Line Couplings.

i also confuce male with female and couple times caused quite a trouble....okay i know how that sounded :D....

Unless operated on, the catalogs still use these familiar terms , but P and S is preferred for contacts and P and J or Rcpt for shells. When using schematics, onboard is J1..... Floating connectors are Plugs , P1,... Board to board J...
plug to plug... P and contacts still called M or F type . Regardless of what military say. It's easy to get confused until you laff about it.

And we still call PCB's as such inspite of toxic chemical of same instead of the military, printed wiring boards PWB's, because very few electronics folks work with transformers still cooling and insulating with PCB's now obsolete.

Last edited:
There is still reverse-sex and standard-sex. Connectors are assumed to be standard-sex unless otherwise specified. e.g. female pin in a male housing.
AMP CPC connectors come in standard and reverse sex. Then watch for chassis mount or free-hanging/.

A typical IEEE 488 bus connector is hermaphroditic in nature.

https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/hermaphroditic-connectors/24517

USUALLY, the pin determines the connector gender, but NOT ALWAYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back