Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas needed for something to record voltage/current levels for hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

eh2mc

Hi, I'm new here so forgive me if this is in the wrong sub-forum.

I'm looking to read a voltage or current and log the readings in a computer for minutes/hours/up to a day. I will need ~4 input channels. For example, I could buy an National Instruments card and code some stuff in Labview, however I do not want to do this because NI cards are quite expensive.

Does anyone have any reasonable ideas on how to do this? (Maybe buy a cheap USB scope or something? Or just somehow read voltages via USB?) My budget is ~$100.

Thanks!

Last edited:
A google search for "USB data logger"s turned up many results. Here's one that may work for you, depending upon the frequency of the signals.

You don't mention the voltage or current levels, however, for a simple 4 channel unit real easy to use there is one of these, or if you want a higher accuracy then consider one of these. I use the latter quite a bit for basic apps. They are both 0 to 10 volt input so as to signal conditioning you are on your own. The first is a cheap USB interface 10 bit unit and the latter a better 12 bit unit. Both offer differential inputs which is nice. The recording software is also nice.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back