Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Idea] Vote for best question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

I was kicking around an idea after a good question was asked in one of the other categories. It was about a transistor circuit with either high or low value resistors. It struck me as a good question and if there was a way to vote for 'best question' we could have voted, and the votes added up and maybe at the end of the week the one with the most votes goes into an archive. That would be pretty nice i think and build up an information reference base for the site so people could come to find answers quickly. I guess there could be different categories to vote a post into, such as "Transistors", "IC's", "Resistors", "Analysis", etc. When people come to the site they could look under the category they wish to research and maybe find an answer.

Just a quick thought or two here.

Allternately, i guess a vote just to put something into an archive would be interesting too. If people vote on a given thread enough times that would indicate that it was important. If that went into the archive, that would form a pretty nice information base.

The category would be set up just like the others here, with sub categories with the different minor subjects like "Transistor", etc., but no replies unless they add directly to the main subject information.

Again, just a few thoughts here.

Last edited:
[Idea] Vote for best question?

If the answer to your question becomes yes and then the idea is implemented, your question should be voted the best question.

I hope no paradoxes result, if that should happen. :)

Hi Steve,

Ha ha, very clever. I hadn't actually thought of that. But i'd be afraid if it did get voted best question for some category time might reverse again (implication that time used to run backwards <secondary chuckle>).

I guess i was also hoping to hear from members as to if they realized that some questions are much better than others too.

I vote that any question that ends in "why?" should be disqualified, why?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back