Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC SN 76033 (N) Data sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Best I could do is a Schematic. Better than nothing.
IC AF AMP 8W + BASS & TREBLE 12 OF 16DIL + HEATSINK Texas Instruments

Attachments

• SN76033N_Circuit.gif
    SN76033N_Circuit.gif
    105.2 KB · Views: 875
Thank you very very much, now I know at least what the pin-connections are and I can preceed with my project.

Are you aware how old and low spec that IC is?, it's only about 3W or something - you can't find datasheets because it long predates the internet or PDF files (or IBM DOS PC's).

I've still got a few here at work, we used to replace them in cheap record players - but even these (30 years or so old?) aren't the original ones, these have square fins, rather than the original fan shaped ones.

Gentlemen,

A short while ago I got a few of these, and they are the ones with the fan-shaped cooling fin. All I could find were the "Cricklewood-specs". So it looked interesting to me to find out more.
So, Nigel, if you have more information I would be glad if you could please me no matter how old they are.

Friendly greetings
GG

Gentlemen,

A short while ago I got a few of these, and they are the ones with the fan-shaped cooling fin. All I could find were the "Cricklewood-specs". So it looked interesting to me to find out more.
So, Nigel, if you have more information I would be glad if you could please me no matter how old they are.

I may be able to find a circuit diagram that uses them, most cheap mono or stereo record players used them - there was a 76003 as well (or something like that), if I recall correctly one had external gain components, the other was preset internally.

They use them in TV's
CLARIVOX Z-960

SINGER TV\SERIES CHASSIS 4000\01 SN76227N-07 SN76228N-07 SN76033N TBA120SQ TCA270SQ TCEP100E

Well the specs have already been mentioned above, and even a diagram posted - I see the 33 is the one with external gain components. Here's a 013 circuit with has internal gain setting components.

Attachments

• fidelity.jpg
    fidelity.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
SN76033 AF amp 8W at 35V bass and treble 12 OF 16DIL + HEATSINK

Last edited:
Hmmmm Possible Substitute?

Attachments

• CA3131_CA3132.gif
    CA3131_CA3132.gif
    34.4 KB · Views: 380
Hi John.

Hmmmmmm indeed.
I have my doubts about pin 14, and pin 16 can't be found at all on the SN76033 schematic.
But it is worth putting on file. Thank you for another part of the puzzle.

Friendly greetings
Geurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back