Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2V Converter Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecaits

Dear All,

I want to use I2V converter circuit which will convert 4-20 mA to 0-5VDC.
I dont want to use 250 ohm resistor which convert 4-20mA to 1-5VDC....

Plz suggest me any I2V converter circuit which can convert 4-20mA to 0-5VDC exact...

You are wanting to read a 12 volt current loops 4-20 mA loop I take it.

The 250 ohm resistor is a stunt you read the voltage across it to get the current readings.
You have to use some kind of stunt to take a reading so why not a 250 ohm?

Last edited:
I think I2V is " current to voltage" converter. I think the poster is objecting to the fact that a 4-20mA current loop will yield 1 volt at 4mA instead of 0 volts.

The convenience of a 0 – 5 volt signal instead of a 1 – 5 volt signal requires a lot more complexity than a simple resistor.

TI makes some current loop converters that provide the option of a 0-5v output.

Google imagesearch "4-20ma converter 0-5v" brings up many circuits. Including this thread: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/0-10v-4-20ma-conversion-to-0-5v.17420/

4_20to0_5v-gif.5750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back