Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I will refrain myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Having experienced the software updates of several forums (all related with Electronics) included two from Microchip (and THAT was a change! :eek:) plus all the software updates to the Microchip's MPLAB IDE, starting with version 5 (or maybe less), plus several versions of Windows, this time I will refrain myself to start telling how strange it is the new one or how good the other was and so on and so on.

Why? because now I can say that every time dust settled quite quickly and nowadays I hardly could remember the details that old versions had and current ones miss or viceversa. Was I able to recall them, what would be that effort worth? (Except that I still recall one version of MPLAB that used to call files as "nodes" !!) :D

Give four weeks time and we will be not coming to "Site issues..." forum more than two or three times a year...if at all.

It amazes me that someone has the money, the capability and the TIME to keep this, and any other forum for the case, up and running. And improving them!

Good work of love I admire :) ...but I could not do!

erm yeah i want me little green squares back!! trophys are all well and good but little green squares is qhat matter;)

I vote to leave them off. They never meant squat anyway.

How many people with good high level green bar ratings have been run off of "not contributing" plus how many people with big red ones are actually reasonable members now who contribute but got marked down due to run in with someone in the past back when high level members could inflict a load of bars for good or bad with one click but now can't get enough good votes to offset their past numbers.

If you are bringing them back I would vote to have the whole voting system reset. Give everyone a clean slate and a chance to get re voted more fairly with the new system.

I vote to leave them off. They never meant squat anyway.

How many people with good high level green bar ratings have been run off of "not contributing" plus how many people with big red ones are actually reasonable members now who contribute but got marked down due to run in with someone in the past back when high level members could inflict a load of bars for good or bad with one click but now can't get enough good votes to offset their past numbers.

If you are bringing them back I would vote to have the whole voting system reset. Give everyone a clean slate and a chance to get re voted more fairly with the new system.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:o_O

Hi,

Wow i thought i was the only one who more or less ignored the green squares unless they were red :)
It seemed that once they went up to a certain point, then they died or something because they would never expand anymore. That's kind of boring :)

But i do seem to like the new interface so far. Hope all the attachments make it back from deep space though.

The new site's coming together, EM. Well done. Our thanks for all your labours there in the background.
As for the little green squares this seems to be a generation thing. Grumpy old pharts like me take no notice of them, whereas Little Ghostman's generation apparently like them.

The new site's coming together, EM. Well done. Our thanks for all your labours there in the background.
Seconded!!! Well done EM!!.... Like I said before "Good choice"!

Rather pleased with the new look as well! :cool:

Is there a way I can set my threads up to put the new posts first instead of at the end? (Or have I just not found it yet?)

I hate having to find the ends of threads to see what has been added.

That's fine I can live with it.

All right, all right... scrap the green boxes then. :p

EM, is there a way we can recover our old posts? Or is it lost forever? I have so much useful info collected within the last two years. What a pity.

EM, is there a way we can recover our old posts? Or is it lost forever? I have so much useful info collected within the last two years. What a pity.

Not sure what you mean? There should be no missing posts.. Can you explain in more detail?

Regards,
EM

Not sure what you mean? There should be no missing posts.. Can you explain in more detail?

Regards,
EM

Hi EM, what I meant was the time when ETO was hacked, but am I missing something? I'm not very sure.

As an average contributor, I have more questions than answers in this forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back