Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to improve my remote car alarm system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo_Boss

Hello Guys, I want to improve my remote car alarm system in order that when the alarm goes off it honk the car factory horn + the alarm siren but when I arm/disarm the alarm I just want the siren to chirp and not the horn.

Please keep reading so you undertand what I need.

I just install a Hornet 727T alarm in my car. The alarm brain comes factory with a Positive 12V 1amp output wire to drive a 128 db siren, a Negative 200 milli amp 1 seg pulsed output wire to drive the factory car horn RELAY to make it hunk and it has a built in relay that supply a Positive 12V 10 amp output wire to flash the parking lights.

When the alarm goes off the siren sound continually, the horn hunk every one seg and the parking lights flash.

When I arm the system via remote control, the siren chirp one time, the horn hunk one time and the lights flash one time.

When I disarm the system via remote control, the siren chirp two times, the horn hunk two times and the lights flash two times.

As you can imagine the horn hunk during arm/disarm is driving my neighbors crazy:-(
I have read the instrucction manual and there is no way how to solve this. Also, I write on a car alarm forum and everybody toll me the same.

So, I want to assembly a electronic project that can make the Horn Hunk "ONLY" when the alarm goes off but not hunk during arm/disarm...........I just want only the siren to chirps confirming that the alarm is armed/disarmed.

Can you guys help me with electronic diagram that can go conected with the alarm ouput wires described above to solve my issue? Keep in mind that I need a negative output wire that provide a 1 seg more/less intermitent pulse to drive the factory car relay/horn ONLY when the alarm goes off. The output have to be strong enougf to drive the factory relay and it need to be protected in some way in order that the feed back from the horn relay coil does not damage the electronic gadget............. Also,if it necesary, I can find the factory horn relay under the dash and solder a diode across the horn relay coil in order to protec the gadget. Just le me know.

If you need aditional info, just let me know.

Thank you for your help and time.

Isaac

just tell your neighbors to stuff it ... almost every keyless entry system I've seen "hunks the horn" (sic) with the lock/unlock action

other than that, check with your dealship - most of the systems can be configured via the fob or the factory radio / window controls

justDIY said:
just tell your neighbors to stuff it ... almost every keyless entry system I've seen "hunks the horn" (sic) with the lock/unlock action

other than that, check with your dealship - most of the systems can be configured via the fob or the factory radio / window controls

Hello justDIY, keep in mind that this is a aftermarket alarm that I installed in my car. Here in my country many cars come with keyless entry but not alarm so thats why I upgrade my keyless.

I check the alarm manual and eaven that it have many features that I can program it only have CHIRPS CONFIRMATION ON or OFF and if I select OFF the siren and neither the horn will chirp/hunk.

So I really JUST want to have the siren confirmation.

THX,

Isaac

Last edited:
make your horn silent while lock and unlocking your auto

hey guy, just noticed how old ur post is but if you still have this problem i was thinking you could take 2 bosch type relays and use the neg lock unlock trigger to trigger the relays. i dont remember the pin #s on relay but run the horn honk wire in and out of both relays on norm closed pins then hook up to car. so as long as youre not locking etc the horn will sound but as the lock unlock signals r sent the horn honk signal is interrupted. if you have a question feel free 2 call my work. Rayco car electronics in auburn MA. 1-508-832-4989 . ------Josh----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back