Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want to delete my account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how to

I'm sorry to hear that piffdaddy. I hope everything is okay.

I don't believe you are allowed to delete your account. Anything you have posted here on the forums is now in public domain--it's part of the agreement for creating an account in the first place. This way, others can benefit from your questions/answers.

Best wishes,
Matt

i would like to aswell, not that i plan to go anywhere, but since i cannot change my user name without changing my email, but im just too lazy for that,

it would be nice to upgrade my user name to Dr_doggy, since i have recently received my masters in debating.:D

ohwell.

Hello,

Maybe the OP was getting emails about a thread he had visited and replied to (subscribed) and he wants to stop the emails.
I was looking for a way to do that temporarily too, but be able to turn it back on like a week later without having to subscribe to every single thread again.
I was having some email issues not related to this site that i needed to clear up.

This is not facebook. Everything on here is usefull, no one is gonna poke you and make you feel uncomfortable, so why would you want to delete your acc mate? saddens me :(

This is not facebook. Everything on here is usefull, no one is gonna poke you and make you feel uncomfortable, so why would you want to delete your acc mate? saddens me .

Well I for one can see why someone would want to delete their account and take all their contributions with them as well. :(

Yes I follow that however some people would like the option of being able to take the privilege of who hosts their work elsewhere or just do not want a site to continue getting traffic from that published work.

Sort of like with switching banks or mechanics or grocery stores or book publishers after having experienced poor customer service a few times too many.

Or in a more sports like analogy firing your agent due to them not handling you as well as they could or should. :p

Last edited:
Yes I follow that however some people would like the option of being able to take the privilege of who hosts their work elsewhere or just do not want a site to continue getting traffic from that published work.

They haven't got that option, never will have (and have no right to have it), so why keep going on about it?.

Just curious.

They haven't got that option, never will have (and have no right to have it), so why keep going on about it?.

In some countries (UK included) the person is granted copyright instantaneously upon the creation of their work, so this is not necessarily true. At the end of the day ETO is a medium for their work...

It is even more interesting then that. What if a fellow in say Germany posts an article on ETO which, last I heard, has servers in the US but is owned by EM in Australia.

Every person who posts has registered. Every person who registered agreed to this

You also agree that any content posted to Electronic Circuits Projects Diagrams Free, unless source quoted, is licensed to the forum.

Regardless of what the law is anything published on the web get copied, archived etc etc. Stuff I had on my web site nearly 20 years ago is still floating around in cyberspace.

The only conceivable or rational reason for removing content is to spite ETO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back