Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I turned 50 today. Feel like a dinosaur. How old are you guys???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

The thread title says it all. Please be truthful and don't lie. Serves no purpose if you do.

tvtech

Hi there tvtech,

Well first of all, Happy Birthday !

Second, im a little older than that but sometimes feel like 100 :)

45 in birthday years - I'll be 46 in June. Actually, though, I prefer the numbers to go down. So I intend to live until at least 23 August 2100, which will make me 133 and a bit, so in deathday years I'm at least 88.

Hi there tvtech,

Well first of all, Happy Birthday !

Second, im a little older than that but sometimes feel like 100 :)

Hey Buddy

Thank You.

Will you be around if we/I/us manage to organize a Global get together???

Only in two years time maybe...but at least the seeds have been planted. Lots of planning necessary.

Regards,
tvtech

I've always wanted to go to Ireland. Not sure how plausible that'll be for me though, since I'm looking at getting a new job here soon. Travelling will just have to wait a few more years.

45 in birthday years - I'll be 46 in June. Actually, though, I prefer the numbers to go down. So I intend to live until at least 23 August 2100, which will make me 133 and a bit, so in deathday years I'm at least 88.

LOL. Thanks throbscottle.

It is guys with your humour that could make an ETO party a huge success. You are invited too. All that needs to be done now is to set the Year and Month and Day.

And, naturally, Nigel and Eric and Ian are invited as well. And EM too. No rules, just a planned gathering of everybody that makes this site ETO the best on the Planet.

Heck, I really want to meet EVERYBODY that contributes positively here.....

Seeds planted.

Regards,
tvtech

I've always wanted to go to Ireland. Not sure how plausible that'll be for me though, since I'm looking at getting a new job here soon. Travelling will just have to wait a few more years.

Hello Matt

How are you doing?? I am simply planting seeds here for what I believe could be a great future get together. It will take Years to plan if it ever happens.

But at least, people can think about it. Yes, you are also invited ;)

I think it is a great idea though. Man, I would really like to meet AG. He reminds me of myself years from now.

Regards,
tvtech

I'm 54 and proud of it. If anyone wants to visit Brisbane then I'll be the best host they will find.

Mike.

Hey Buddy

Thank You.

Will you be around if we/I/us manage to organize a Global get together???

Only in two years time maybe...but at least the seeds have been planted. Lots of planning necessary.

Regards,
tvtech

Hi again tvtech,

That's an interesting idea, but because of the way we are all spread about the planet im not sure how practical this would be. We all have different schedules and live in such different areas so i dont know if this could work. Would be cool though that's for sure :)

What would you (and others) bring to such a meeting? I'd hope to have my Android multi channel volt meter together by then :)

Hi again tvtech,

That's an interesting idea, but because of the way we are all spread about the planet im not sure how practical this would be. We all have different schedules and live in such different areas so i dont know if this could work. Would be cool though that's for sure :)

What would you (and others) bring to such a meeting? I'd hope to have my Android multi channel volt meter together by then :)

Hi MrAl

It would be a party for ETO members. To celebrate Electronics and all the good and ups and downs that are part of our chosen career. We all have stories to tell about funny things that have happened whilst just doing our jobs ;)

A fun event where we all relax and swop stories and enjoy ourselves. You don't have to bring anything along (besides yourself).

Best regards,
tvtech

I'm turning 45 next month. Feel younger, but look older. In my family the grey haired monster rides us all. Suppose it's better than having no hair at all?

I'm turning 45 next month. Feel younger, but look older. In my family the grey haired monster rides us all. Suppose it's better than having no hair at all?

Hi SPDCHK

LOL. I still have some hair on my head. Many old schoolmates are apparently bald. If I can try and organize this get together will you join us??
Party/get together location unknown at this point. Early days still.

Regards,
tvtech

tvtech,

Congratulations for making it this far. As you probably know by now not everybody makes it that far. Embrace it and enjoy it. Join the rest of us.

So, now your old enough to know better and still young enough to do some of it again.

Belated Happy Birthday!

tvtech,

Congratulations for making it this far. As you probably know by now not everybody makes it that far. Embrace it and enjoy it. Join the rest of us.

So, now your old enough to know better and still young enough to do some of it again.

Belated Happy Birthday!

Thanks Inquisitive

You have done really well here @ETO :D

101 Posts and already rated "Good". Took me much longer. But enjoyed every step of my walk here at ETO.

For the fun of it...I checked out another Forum I am a member of. Nothing to do with ETO. A Shipspotting forum. Cause I love ships.

And they are all fighting. Because of stupid stuff....pics deleted and that. I just said to them they need to get people that are experienced and all. Here is the secret of ETO....Mods are chosen not because they look smart. act smart or talk smart.

They are appointed because they KNOW stuff. Not only Electronics....but people too. No kid Mods here.

Just had to say it :D. You are obviously invited too :p

Planning, planning.

Regards,
tvtech

... If I can try and organize this get together will you join us?? ...

Depends on when. From end April I'll be in the DRC commissioning the biggest gold mine in Africa. I'll be in charge of the overall fibre optic network for the process plant and Overhead lines infrastructure. And to boot, 10 Allen Bradley Control Logix L74 PLC's with about 6000 I/O and a 1000 drives to commission. Going to be a very busy grey-haired man for the next year

Happy Birthday, tvtech!!

65 in a few days... Oh my. Medicare time whether I want it or not :confused:.

Course I'm just a pup compared to Eric (can I say that?? [see below]).

It would be very interesting to put faces and real names to you guys and gals.

Ya'll have made me feel most welcome here since the onset (despite my not deserving it and my frequent personal and technical gaffes).

Put me on whatever list develops - don't know that I could attend in person but there's always Skype :rolleyes:.

Young or old, is not the point.

66 on last February. Still working, as hard as ever. Up & down on board most of it in holds and tween decks.

Planing to retire this year, with the idea of not stopping but slowing down.

When inspecting a vessel full of blades for eolic gnerators, some nights ago, two guys with whom I work here at Puerto Madryn, they were joking me, about being old.

Suddenly I realized this: I do not feel young or old. I feel quite different from what I always believed a man of 66 would feel. That's it.

I still have plans and... a long list of projects.

66 on last February. Still working, as hard as ever. Up & down on board most of it in holds and tween decks.

Planing to retire this year, with the idea of not stopping but slowing down.

When inspecting a vessel full of blades for eolic gnerators, some nights ago, two guys with whom I work here at Puerto Madryn, they were joking me, about being old.

Suddenly I realized this: I do not feel young or old. I feel quite different from what I always believed a man of 66 would feel. That's it.

I still have plans and... a long list of projects.

Well said. When you're a kid, you look at teens as old. When you're in your teens, you look at 50-year-olds as old. When you're in your 50s, you feel like 90s is old. It constantly changes, and really has no point in life. "Old" means nothing. Literally, it has no real purpose. It's all relative.

For the record, 50s and 60s is still quite young, in the sense that you still have many, many years to look forward to!

I retired cold turkey. Less than 6 weeks later, I was begging to work for nothing. (Volunteered at a local college.) Now, I have the farm. It keeps me from getting stuck to my seat in front of ETO and going insane or being driven to drink. It is very sad to visit a liquor store at mid-day and see all the other elders stocking up on cheap booze.

So, keep doing something of value.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back