Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help on a hdtv tv boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that unless you know what you are doing, you are probably better off just replacing the power supply board. Repair/ exchange boards can be gotten reasonably cheap on ebay from reputable resellers, plus there are lots of companies advertising there that will take your board, repair it and return it to you for reasonable money. The board number that you need is BN44-00274A, showing as the top middle photo that you linked to.

The Capacitors are dreadful on them, the larger value ones will likely all need replaced. There are 2 FET transistors that quite often fail, burning up a couple of diodes and a resistor or two in the process. The FET's are soldered into rivets, so unless you have a good soldering iron, you risk damaging the board further. In fact, if you plan on using the board as an exchange, it won't be accepted if it has had any sort of work done on it.

I would caution you that while working on the set can be dangerous, it's not the only risk. The downside to any little mistakes or oops moments, means more money to repair. A common problem I used to see was accidental shorting of two pins while trying to measure something and blowing either the T-Con, or the SUS boards. Of course you only find this out after you have repaired or replaced the faulty power supply board. As much as I appreciate that you would like the TV repaired as cheaply as possible, and it does cost a bit more money for a replacement or repair service, what you end up with is a guaranteed working board which is a straight swap over, no messing around and minimal chance of further damage :)

I agree unless you see anything obvious replace the power supply board. You may want to reseat the I/O to that board to see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back