Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a critical help in designing a magic toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

salvazero

I want design this project for magic shows, and I would like to include this in the act.
How Can I design a circuit so I can make the ball move? I need to design circuit for it.

The wand will have the transmitter.
The ball will have the receiver in it.
I want to make it stop when the wand is less than 1 feet away and or plus 2+ feet away.
Start at 1-2 feet, spacing is not critical. Close is good enough. Parts I think I need.

The Wand
1. An adjustable transmitter
2. Battery The ball
1. A receiver
2. Motor-is not included in the circuit
3. Battery
4. Gears- is not included in the circuit

I need for you to advise me on what is the best way to make this magic toy. I just need the circuit without the motor or gears.
See the example
Example.jpg

This is an example only

I need a correct circuit for it.

1. I need a transmitter to transmitter only at a distant of 1-2 feet only. I was told that I would need an adjustable transmitter and Receiver.
2. I will be removing the on and off switch in the ball and replacing it with the receiver, to tell it to come on or off. The receiver will open and close the circuit for the battery to activate the switch.

Can you supply me a schematic showing me the wires to connect and what type of transmitter and Receiver to buy and any other components that I might need to complete the circuit?
I want to know Schematic showing me the wires to connect and Parts I will need.
Illustration.jpg

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

How the motor actually moves the ball? Have you that solved?

An unbalanced ball when rolling is suspicious to say the least. The ball itself, motor, battery and electronics must be in balance.

Hi Sal,

Off the top of my head:

No doubt you have been asked this before but would this work for your trick.
(1) On the wand you have two buttons.
(2) One button moves the ball away from the wand
(3) The other button moves the ball towards the wand.

Obviously this would require more skill to give the illusion that the ball was maintaining a constant distance from the wand tip by its own volition.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back