Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I made a plasma speaker with an arduino and a flyback transformer today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the output from the Arduino just music or is the music added to a high frequency?
Do you have a link to the sketch or a good starting point?
I have an SD board and a MP3 board with SD that I haven't used yet.

I haven't had time to do it with Arduino yet but I did get it working with a 555 timer.:)

I watched many videos on this and used the circuit from this instructable.
https://www.instructables.com/id/build-a-singing-ark-plasma-speaker-ongoing-proj/
**broken link removed**
Use 10K pots for R1 & R2 so you can adjust it for best sound. Mine ended up with 4.7k ohm each. C2 is 10 uF. 10 turns on the flyback coil. I used a 47 ohm resistor between pin 3 & the gate on a IRF540 MOSFET. I also used a diode across source & drain in reverse polarity for snubbing. I did not use D3, D4 or C5.

555 plasma circuit I used.jpg

It is good for the ecology, adding to the ozone layer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back