Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I love people and everything (that have/s an active Brain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi Folks

Quite Easter and all. So with plenty time on my hands.....I started thinking about stuff. And inevitably come to wrong conclusions :wideyed:
Deep thinking never got me anywhere before. But maybe it's getting a little better as I get older....

1. So in my new Wisdom, I love everything that has even a wee bit of intelligence. It could be a pet that knows pooing on the carpet = sore backside. So it does not do it again.
2. It could be like the cat I once had...Stinky was uber intelligent. Was allowed to sit near my lappie....but not allowed to scratch it or look at the screen. Funniest pet I ever had. Could leave him there while I shower..come back and he is still staring at the blank wall opposite him....pretending it's interesting.
3. My African Grey "Sam" that was the absolute peak of my experience with pets. Scary intelligence. Just look at him and whisper "cheese" and he would literally fall off his perch....awaiting the fridge door to open and the magic cheese to arrive...

So those are hugely intelligent pets that learn.

Why can some Humans not too?? Especially the one I currently (still) work with??? Seven years of training...and now becoming dumber...

It has become so unfunny.....I swear Sam or Stinky would both be better Technicians than the Monkey I work with after all this time. Heck, they could be teaching me stuff.

So, in reference to all above, I decided to love all and everything that has a Brain.

It's my way of sharing my frustration.

Regards,
tvtech

I think you need to lose that guy.
Spend your time with someone that appreciates you.

I have two very intelligent Siamese, named Koko and Yum Yum. They usually live in my (finished) basement so that they don't fight with my other cat (Louie) or knock things over and break them. The other day I was in my living room and I heard a door open. I figured it was just my bedroom door since I had left it unlatched and one of the windows was open. I have had breezes open and close the unlatched doors before so this was not uncommon. After about 15 minutes I heard some rustling in the dining room. I get up off the couch and go take a look, and lo and behold, there's a brown Siamese face staring up at me. Koko, the male and probably the smartest of the two, had managed to turn the knob, unlatch the basement door, come right upstairs, and make himself at home. I find it very hard to be mad at him though, and he did not break anything. I petted him for a while and put him back in his play area downstairs.

I know the animal stories weren't the point of your post, but I felt I should share this. I have an unending supply of funny stories about how smart my cats are :D

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt

One needs to keep a sense of humor :p. No matter how difficult things seem :eek:
This Easter has been hugely boring for me...so I started thinking about all the amazing, intelligent pets I have had..and compared them to humans I still work with...well one in particular...

It's like a no Brainer for me...(excuse the pun)

I flat out love everything that can think. It can look funny. It can speak funny. It can walk funny. It can act funny.

It can be a human or an animal....does not matter. If it has a brain I love it.

Crazy stuff here...but hey that's what boredom does to a working brain....heck I told Ian and Nigel I loved them too in PM's :eek:

They have have not loved me back yet :p. LOL, Ian said Love is a strong word...:D

Stay well Buddy,

Love you too :D

All the best,
tvtech

The thing is animals generally do not think they know everything just because they did or got something right a few times in their life. Too many people do! :mad:

Animals also do not feel that they should be entitled to whatever because they grew up in a certain location, are part of a certain belief system, are a specific color, do a specific job well or otherwise, know certain other animals, have certain things or resources or whatever give most ignorant humans reasons to think they are way more important, smarter or above others than they are. ;)

My dog Phenix is very intelligent. About nine years ago we got her as a young pup. Sometime before her first birthday, our kids seemed to start being very careless with our back door. We would find the back door open and Phenix was outside playing in the woods. We yelled at our kids for being careless with the door, and we yelled at our kids for lying to us about leaving the door open. They insisted they "didn't do it". Well, Phenix had taught herself how open the door and let herself out. Keep in mind the door opens inward, so she not only figured out how to turn the handle, but also figured out how to pull the door open.

Well, I didnt want to mess with a good thing, but I also didn't want the door left open to let animals in and heat out. So, I installed a door spring so the the door would close after she went out. Of course she can go in even more easily since the door opens inward.

Attachments

• 57.jpeg
    57.jpeg
    855.7 KB · Views: 275
My cat Mr Squeak has some good advice for everyone!

DCP02650.JPG

This is what you are supposed to do on your day off! :joyful:

Being cute is about the only talent he has going for him. :p

He's great at catching mice but he prefers to bring them home live and play with them in the house until they escape.:mad:

I like cats and grew up with them as pets, as a child.
They never went upstairs into the bedrooms and never went into the beds.
Mr Squeak is a cute cat, but I'd have to launder the bedding after seeing that.

As said, I like cats, but they have to be in their place.
I dug a veg patch and the local cats decided to use it as a litter box.
So, the patch was surrounded by poultry mesh and all was well for a few months.
This morning, one cat was inside the mesh, dunno how it got in but it did (Probably jumped over the mesh from a wall close by.)
Upon seeing me (I've never chased them away or mistreated them in any way) it went completely crazy.... jumping up the wall inside the mesh, trampling my veg plants/seedlings and bolting headlong into the mesh fence at the other end. I ended up pulling the fence aside at one corner and running around the opposite side to chase it out. I felt a little for the cat being scared and crashing into the fence, but I don't want carnivore faeces all over the vegetables I'm going to be eating.
Next time, if there is one after this episode, the cat is going to get a soaking from the garden hose.
It isn't going to hurt it and that would be the last thing I would do if it were the case, but it may keep it away in future.
I've used coffee grounds and citrus peelings to keep them away, but would draw the line at hot peppers.

Perhaps a 'Catnip patch' a good distance away from the veggies may help?

Regards.

I have 2 Cats; and 4 dogs. One of the small dogs; licks the food in a shared bowl. I think to mark it. One of the cats will take anything she can find and cover the bowl when she is done eating; the other cat come in whining; I have no food; I have no food. (Of course it's cat talk; mainly "Meow" "Meow" "Meow" over and over.)

FYI, never ever leave the Dryer door open; use then close the door. If you need to do something else; as my daughter always in a hurry with 2 kids learned this lesson; cats enjoy exploring. The cat was in the dryer when she returned; un-knowlingly she put cloths on top the cat. The "Cat" may or may not jump out; or it might just not have time to react before you turn on the dryer. (No, it did not survive)

Mr Squeak is a cute cat, but I'd have to launder the bedding after seeing that.

It's okay. Thats my wifes side of the bed. :p

FYI, never ever leave the Dryer door open; use then close the door.

Mr Squeak went for a dryer ride once. Took about 5 seconds before he made it very clear he was in there! :D

Hello,

I've often wondered how much 'pain' or suffering insects experience when subject to injury or an inhospitable environment.
Many insects dont seem to have the required physical structure to sense pain the same way we humans do, but they often show a physical movement response similar to us anyway. So the argument becomes a matter of how much we can infer from the observed physical response of the subject.
I cant help wonder if they are experiencing a lot of emotional stress or just reacting on instinct more like a machine programmed to avoid obstacles would.

For example, we have some various little insects that show up around here like these tiny flying beetles. We put up sticky tape that they get stuck to and eventually die. While they are on the tape still alive however, they constantly kick their legs and try to walk around on the tape and sometimes they get about a quarter inch before stopping.

Also, when we spray an insect with insect spray, they go nuts for a little while before dying.

Spiders taste with their feet, and they will avoid certain substances like citrus fruit because they dont like the taste i guess. So i wonder if they are getting a 'sour' like taste from that.

I am currently busy with commissioning on a new gold mine and process plant in the north east of the DRC (Congo). We (the ex-pats) will be finishing off quite soon. The operators running the plant are either local or from Tongan. Now, if you want to compare dumb with dumber, come visit us here.

A laugh a minute (at the expense of the mine owner). We have bets going to see how long this plant will still be operational once we leave.

Hi SPDCHK

The sad part is you put time and effort into getting the plant commissioned only to know that when you leave all will go down the drain....

Kind of a pointless exercise here in Africa. I am sure you guys sometimes wonder why you should even bother to go to any trouble to do anything properly seeing all will be broken anyway....:mad:

I feel the same way :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back