Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I chopped my finger off last Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

Sorry to hear about all the mishaps. I hope you all get better soon if you havent
already.
These stories remind me of the time i accidentally stuck my hand in the path
of an automobile motor fan blade (a big one too). Lucky the car was idling and
the blade wasnt too sharp as the worst damage was some deep finger cuts
and one of the worst physical pains i have ever felt. It didnt cut anything off,
but wow it hurt so bad i had to 'rest' after that for a good half hour or more
waiting for the intense pain to subside.
You think it's never going to happen but then one day it does and there
doesnt seem to be a reasonable explanation for overlooking such a dangerous
situation. Is this God's way of imposing an involuntary population
control? :) We seem to all have the 'DUH' factor built in or something.

Last edited:
My fingerprint got changed of (middle finger right hand), my finger print got burnt up. When I was young, I remember it was a sunny day and I sat down into my dad's car. I pushed in the Cigarette lighter and started waiting for it to grow RED. As the car wasn't started, so I took it off to see whether the lighter works on battery alone or not.As it was a sunny day and sun light falling onto the cigarette lighter,I couldn't see whether it's glowing RED hot or not. I thought as if the lighter was cold, so I put my middle right finger into the burning RED cigarette lighter to check whether it's hot or not. My finger print was burnt up very badly and pains remains for very long.Now finger print is back, but the finger print is changed. There are dots,dots and dots in a small area of finger print, from where my finger was burnt.

Good luck on the recovery! A few years back I got absent minded and stuck my index finger into a .25 model airplane engine spinning a fiberglass prop. Unfortunately we were running up the engine near full throttle. It stopped real quick though! All I remember is a few thumps and my hand got real cold. I lost the pad and was slashed 3 times.

Last year I convinced my father to get himself a Saw Stop table saw. They are really nice and very safe. SawStop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back