Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hydroxy gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no secret knowledge. I do have questions and I have ideas to put these HHO electrodes into a more predictable electrical circuit, i.e. submersed coils which right now I am very interested in.

No.

I feel putting anything into the water is a hazard unless you want to create Nuclear fission and stand by it's legal disposal laws. It is not radiated but has the potential of being an equal hazard in it's own right.

This should be done before anyone is allowed use one of these units in a car let alone putting a few thousand out there on the road. It's clear no one is going to do any study on the subject.

I do realize that in any electrolytically Generated source can create colloidal particles or worse for a chemical to become a dissolve solid suspended between the plates.

A simple laboratory test will conclude it. And give a ppm ratio (The cost about $30.00 us) with it you can then assume the gallons of disposal within a year calculate that in an average number of people who might want to do this within a major metropolitan area.

Add a few thousand gallons of fresh water and divide it. The lab may be able to come up with a proposed ppm level with known municipalities flow rate.

kv

Conspiracy Theory's Great Thread Juice.

Ah, those danged toxic waste laws interfere with any innovation. Conspiracy? :rolleyes:

Heh ! Heh !

Yep, every time. That in and of itself is a Conspiracy.

I think it's time to put on my shades. :p

What exactly is the point of your nitpicking words mr. turbo? Are you trying to impress us? or are you practicing for a degree in grammar? Your inability to grasp concepts is quite annoying actually.

It's not nitpicking words! It's like saying 6 + 5 is 1...when in fact it is 6 - 5... I have no need to impress anyone, it's just correcting blatent terms thrown around like it is truthful, it has nothing to do with grammar...I am far from an English major. :rolleyes:

I would hardly call not grasping statements such as current flowing through a stainless steel plate causing it to leech out chromium and then not have your stainless (chromium is what contributes to the corrosion resistance of stainless steel) unit beginning to rust and corrode... How often do you have to rebuild your electrolysis unit? Why not use aluminum instead, it won't leech the dreaded chromium instead. ;)

Electric_EyE said:
I could tell you: I was into audio sampling back in 1987.
snip
Electric_EyE said:
That was back in the old days and since then, I've chosen to pursue the automotive field, and fell way behind in electronics.

So what have you done in the automotive field for the past 21 years?

Auto tech. Anything and everything except rebuilding engine bottomsides and rebuilding transmissions. Just got a 2 channel auto scope which is good to see signals up to 1MHz (actually traded one in I had from another company that was only good to 50khz). I was hoping to capture screenshots of injector pulse widths, O2 sensors but the dang software that came with it doesn't work on my laptop which has windows xp sp2. It does work on a computer with sp1. They're sending me another cd, hopefully it will have updated software so I don't have to throw a POS computer together just for this thing...

Aluminum ?

Why not use aluminum instead, it won't leech the dreaded chromium instead.

I read about the process with aluminum. Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium

Not a bad Idea at all.

**broken link removed**

These are some of my search results. Aluminum Oxide formation, I don't know if it is before after or during the process. However, some searches rendered aqueous solutions are beneficial and may be used for fish in treating sores.

Sounds like a good place to start but you may go through a lot of aluminum to achieve the result, Because it also falls into that loosely bound group of metals.

kv

Last edited:
ATM = At The Moment
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
WRT = With Regard To
WTF = Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (What the F---?)
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

A large collection of common (and not-so-common) Internet acronyms is available at **broken link removed** (first Google hit). There are others around too.

HTH! ;)

Torben

Torben you amaze me.
I also stick to the lingo I know.
Hate this new sms language.

Damn, going through this thread is exhausting.
Maybe my brain cannot get around everything said, or maybe it's all the fighting.

Oh and by the way, it's a fact that consuming toothpaste is really bad for you.
Forgot who's posted that, but yes fluoride is good for cleaning teeth, then you spit it out. Otherwise it's bad for you.
And interesting enough, if you read the instructions for kiddie toothpaste, the say pea size toothpaste on brush, and for good reason, kids tend to swallow their toothpaste. NEVER brush your child's teeth with "adult" toothpaste.
Just for some hap-hazard toothpaste statements earlier.

I drove a couple of thousand km's this week, first I took my wife to her mother, full car, everything, returned, 7.1l/100km at first fill, 6.9 at second.
I came back without kids, mommy, luggage, etc. Drove exactly same, fuel consumption 7.3l/100km. Have not filled up again to check.
Moral of the story, pegging down fuel consumption figures are never a bright idea, except if you can install flow meters, etc. and control the asphalt surface right through, wind direction and velocity, engine temp. driver's foot tire pressure road fluctuation, road angle, air pressure, and many more.
Plus driving with a slightly lighter foot than normal driving will not save you much, not like 1.5l/100km or so, just couple decimals if you're lucky.
Just included that for the useless mpg statements made earlier.

Yeah, that was me posting about the hydrogen flouride ion. I used to work with 99.9% pure HF acid. I was a material handler for an integrated circuit company way back. HF is nasty because it attacks bone structure in over than prescribed amounts. A calcium paste draws the ions back out from the body as a medication. That's the idea anyway... Nice you caught that whipper snapper comment of mine. Toothpaste contains HF ions. --- conspiracy theory,omg, omg omg..---- LOL

Torben you amaze me.
I also stick to the lingo I know.
Hate this new sms language.

This has nothing at all to do with SMS slang and much of the lingo is from Usenet, predating the web by several years.

Textspeak bugs me when it's not on the phone--and I don't text, so I don't have an opinion about it on phones either ;).

Its use on the web depends on the forum in question. This forum doesn't encourage it. Usenet groups would feel really weird without it.

Torben

This has nothing at all to do with SMS slang and much of the lingo is from Usenet, predating the web by several years.

Textspeak bugs me when it's not on the phone--and I don't text, so I don't have an opinion about it on phones either ;).

Its use on the web depends on the forum in question. This forum doesn't encourage it. Usenet groups would feel really weird without it.

Torben

Sorry, did not imply those abbreviations are sms lingo, just mentioned how irritating it is, like others.
I used to teach computer science couple years back, you'd be surprised how many kids would answer their test and exam papers in sms slang.
Needless to say, their marks were quite easy to get to.
Imagine you run a big company or something, and like kid fresh of an easy matric comes looking for work with his/her/its sms only language proficiency.
Would you hire such a person.
Wish kids will use their heads when they are still at school.
Sorry, digressing, what are we talking about. Oops - movie one liner.

Sorry, did not imply those abbreviations are sms lingo, just mentioned how irritating it is, like others.
I used to teach computer science couple years back, you'd be surprised how many kids would answer their test and exam papers in sms slang.
Needless to say, their marks were quite easy to get to.
Imagine you run a big company or something, and like kid fresh of an easy matric comes looking for work with his/her/its sms only language proficiency.
Would you hire such a person.
Wish kids will use their heads when they are still at school.
Sorry, digressing, what are we talking about. Oops - movie one liner.

Nope, I wouldn't hire that person! I wouldn't even give them an interview.

Neither would my sister-in-law. She does hiring for a local biotech company. She actually got a resume in textspeak. That applicant did not get a phone call. :)

Torben

As I said, it's sad.

Not that it has anything to do with hydroxyl gas or whatever.
Water to combustible is under performing as yet.
But who knows.

I read about the process with aluminum. Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium

Not a bad Idea at all.

**broken link removed**

These are some of my search results. Aluminum Oxide formation, I don't know if it is before after or during the process. However, some searches rendered aqueous solutions are beneficial and may be used for fish in treating sores.

Sounds like a good place to start but you may go through a lot of aluminum to achieve the result, Because it also falls into that loosely bound group of metals.

kv

I was primarily joking, but Al could be easily used as a resivoir to hold non-potable water, like it does with many fuel cells. However SS does not leech out chromium while trying to split water molecules, if it did the units would be corroding due to the lack of chromium, thus defeating the purpose of using stainless steel. Might as well just use mild steel, but since we all know these cells are not rusting from the inside out (provided all the hardware and plates are SS) this proves that the chromium is not being leeched out.

As for the toothpaste comment, it was a joke too... Any sane person I know will not consume toothpaste, the comment was joking made to any person that uses toothpaste in a normal fashion. :D

Any sane person.....

When I was at school, kids who wanted to skip school, had bread with a nice layer of toothpaste on it, yuck, that would prompt a good series of throw-ups, convincing the parent to keep the child out of school.

Ooooh, I probably should not publish such info on a public site, fuel to the fire you know. Aghhh, maybe they all know that trick by now.

The bigshow also once ate a sandwich with a thin layer of toothpaste spread in the middle, on camera. But he did not throw up, maybe has to do with volume or something.
Oh but my stomach would have been inside out, for sure.
I would look like this little chap - :eek:

Any sane person.....

When I was at school, kids who wanted to skip school, had bread with a nice layer of toothpaste on it, yuck, that would prompt a good series of throw-ups, convincing the parent to keep the child out of school.

Ooooh, I probably should not publish such info on a public site, fuel to the fire you know. Aghhh, maybe they all know that trick by now.

The bigshow also once ate a sandwich with a thin layer of toothpaste spread in the middle, on camera. But he did not throw up, maybe has to do with volume or something.
Oh but my stomach would have been inside out, for sure.
I would look like this little chap - :eek:

Elementary Darwinism at its finest. :D

(Far Below 20 Hz, probably far below 1 Hz.)[/QUOTE]

How far below 1 Hz can you go? :eek::p

John Aarons seems to be getting some pretty fair results from his experiments with his Focus Cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back