Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HYDROGEN GENERATOR - fuel cell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why i live in the country! :D

I will stick with electric cars...

I heard Japan used wood gas to power vehicles a lot during WWII due to fuel shortages.

One of the few photoessays of North Korea says the some of the little farm equipment they have is supposed to run on wood gas.

Sceadwian said:
Just what we need on the road nowdays. Wood burning cars...

I think I got behind one of those yesterday. Still have a sinus headache. That or they were spraying for bugs.

I forget the name of the french scientist but he correctly stated:

nothing is created and nothing is destroyed everything is transformed,

now consider that 100 % efficienzy does not exist in anything it is plain that noting can work perpetually,

yea I had some crazy idea when i was 15 (ie not yet an intelligent adult like scammers) that I could have perpetual power by self powering a motor turning an alternator that made power for the motor I soon realized it was impossible.

I think everone's had that idea before, the other classis is converting water to hydrogen and oxygen, burning it to produce water then converting it back to hydrogen and oxygen.

well i think that with the cost and often problems of storing power in batteries the Hydrogen and Oxygen solution is a good one unlike batteries that gradually discharge anyway need to be acurately calculated for supply/demand and can wear out quikly it is much easier to store the gas and use it when needed. it is probably easier to pipe to where needed as opposed to electricity that again is lost in transport and needs a more complicated infrastructure.

Thunderchild said:
well i think that with the cost and often problems of storing power in batteries the Hydrogen and Oxygen solution is a good one unlike batteries that gradually discharge anyway need to be acurately calculated for supply/demand and can wear out quikly it is much easier to store the gas and use it when needed. it is probably easier to pipe to where needed as opposed to electricity that again is lost in transport and needs a more complicated infrastructure.

Electricity is the easiest type of power to transport, and probably the easiest to convert to other forms - the electricity infrastructure is very efficient and simple.

I agree, don't for get that gas requires pumping and a constant pressure needs to be maintained. My previous posts are aimed at people who think hydrogen is a source of infinite energy, well it is if they ever figure out how to do nuclear fusion efficiently.

HI YOU ALL.. here is what i think it will work the (oxy hydrogen generators) i made a small proto type it size slightly bigger than a quart ..i set it at just 2 amps wow the bubbles came slowly but after just a few minutes it was working great.. i found most every thing at yard sales for mere pennies ...so now my next project is going to be a 3 gallon size...i,ll do the testing in my back yard out of sight of neighbors......oh yes it helped my gas milllage by about 2 miles better...realise it just a slightly bigger than a quart.....so you dont have to spend much money to give your device a try and see how it really works. ...amd of course it doesnt heat up...i hung it in front of the radiator between the radiator and grill only place i could...

Last edited:
What on earth are you talking about Fuel-Miser? Nothing you said has even a shred of logic in it anywhere.

FUEL-MISER said:
HI YOU ALL.. here is what i think it will work the hydrogen generators i made a small proto type it size slightly bigger than a quart ..i set it at just 2 amps wow the bubbles came slowly but after just a few minutes it was working great.. i found most every thing at yard sales for mere pennies ...so now my next project is going to be a 3 gallon size...i,ll do the testing in my back yard out of sight of neighbors......oh yes it helped my gas milllage by about 2 miles better...realise it just a slightly bigger than a quart.....so you dont have to spend much money to give your device a try and see how it really works. ...amd of course it doesnt heat up...i hung it in front of the radiator between the radiator and grill only place i could...

I heard you can get drunk on water... you didn't go and inhale pure hydrogen did you I bet that would be much more intoxicating

We're you the guy that went all the way from NYC to LA on a couple quarts of water? I've got these guys from Nigeria that want to invest in you. Just send me your email address...

FUEL-MISER said:
Who Cares What You Think..

referred to who please ? do you have a problem with a member of the board ?

This cracks me up. You actually expect people to believe your bs? then you really should take me up on my offer.

just read this

ebay said:
This Generator separates Hydrogen Atom's From Water,H20.It seperate's the H Atom from water in the form of HYDROGEN GAS!!! You can run this gas in your car By Hooking it to your cars intake manifold.On fuelinjected car's, the Hydrogen inter the engine giving a rich mixture.The oxygen sencer picks up this mixture and slows down the fuel injection's pulse.This save you gas and allow's the engine to run on the Hydrogen.

This can barely form a sentence with all those big words, he can't even spell sensor. dont get scammed.

having said that, on this topic i did see a web site where a guy built a home made system which extracted hydrogen from water which he used to power a blow tourch. of course it did use more energy to break the water in hydrogen and oxygen (or O2-?) than was given off by the blow torch but he said it was useful because he only had to pay for electricity and not the fuel.

Last edited:
-=GST=- Nemisis (cs/cz) said:
just read this

This can barely form a sentence with all those big words, he can't even spell sensor. dont get scammed.

having said that, on this topic i did see a web site where a guy built a home made system which extracted hydrogen from water which he used to power a blow tourch. of course it did use more energy to break the water in hydrogen and oxygen (or O2-?) than was given off by the blow torch but he said it was useful because he only had to pay for electricity and not the fuel.

Hello, this is my first post.
The guy you refer to I think got a patent on that machine, it is used for making jewelry. It also can be used as a plasma cutter.
He sells them and leases them to companys.
The machine is unique in that it is cheaper to use than buying a jewelers oxy/acetelene rig ( when you figure in the cost of gases over a number of years.) Add to that the fact that it doesn't emit dangerous fumes....

Hydrogen generator

I have installed one of these units on my 1990 chevrolet pickup. 350 engine extended cab, 3/4 ton. I started on testing the gas milage . It was almost 16.5 miles to the gallon, as of know it is getting 20 miles to the gallon. The unit pulls 25 amps, and if the company that i bought it from had a really good electronics circuit i believe that it could be increased to a 40% increase in fuel savings instead of 20%. This unit uses potassium hydroxide as a medium to get the electroylises going. In my estimation it works very well. Further tests coming. Does anyone know some that could make a simple electronics circuit for me?

Oznog said:
However, note hydrogen generation is not the real problem. The real problem is that burning in an internal combustion engine is like 15% efficient at getting torque (and alternator energy) back. A fuel cell is much more efficient, though there are still significant ineffiencies.

last i heard the petrol engine is about 30-35 % lower if idleing in traffic jams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back