Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hydrogen for hybrid conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.
stan meyers did the "water" injector. it would break apart the h2o into HHO as the water was passing through the injector... you don't need that much voltage, 12V works and I'm sure you could go down to 2v and get the molecules to split. Higher voltages mean more heat (inefficiency).

stan meyers did the "water" injector. it would break apart the h2o into HHO as the water was passing through the injector... you don't need that much voltage, 12V works and I'm sure you could go down to 2v and get the molecules to split. Higher voltages mean more heat (inefficiency).

Stan Meyers was a snake oil salesman. His stuff didn't actually work.

No
that wasnt the one I was referring to, I know about Stan Meyers and like most I'm 50/50 about his stuff, in my mind unless I see it working it isnt possible.
Especially this gas production, I would love to have a gas hgenerator on the car but the reality of driving even a 2litre engine with gas would mean you'd need MANY units to produce enough gas, and require way more power than the alternator could provide.

the article I read about a few years ago about using water not gas used some world war 2 part (cant remember what it was) attached to the spark plug along with a voltage invertor to either 110 or 220 volts cant remember which and oscillated the spark voltage?
I really wish i still had the computer all the info was stored on

The only place that I've seen those sparks in the water was in movies, don't know if it's real, hang on let me let met get my jumper cables and to try it out......

it sounds like it injected an H2O mist, and the "spark plug" was controlled in such a way as to break the molecules and ignite them at the same time.

No sorry that didn't work, it just tripped the power. I'll have to bypass the earth leakage unit, damn, never done that before.
Wait a sec the car, that should work, I'll take it outside, let the engine run and drop the jumper cable ends into a bucket of water, cool
back just now.......

No sorry, I believe I've missed it.
There was this bright flash from the engine compartment though, and I found almost half the fuses in the fuse box are gone.
Needless to say, the car is sleeping outside tonight, and I'll be walking to the spares shop tomorrow to buy new fuses.
Dou

Obviously lol

I didn't say burn
I said.. explode

which if used in the cylinder of a car engine would push the rod down exactly the same as using normal petrol

Please expand on what you consider the difference to be as related to water.

Are you suggesting that an electric arc in water will somehow make the water undergo an exothermic reaction that releases more energy than you add with the electricity? Could you write the exothermic reaction you expect to see?

Aside from that, heating water (whether by electricity or burning coal) is a good way to make steam. An engine based on steam has already been inverted. How is the engine you propose different?

John

IF I knew the answer to the above questions I'd be making it not throwing ideas in the air.
I cant give you a molecular chemical whatever of whatever breakdown because Im not a physicist or anything scientific, I'm just a "normal?" person.

I would imagine thinking about it and trying to remember the bits I read ages ago that the water would be injected under pressure effectivly making a mist? and that would somehow get ignited by the higher capacity of the lower than normal voltage spark plug, although if I remember right it used an invertor to feed the "mains voltage" on top of the normal HT voltage to the spark plug, so maybe it was just in effect making more current available to the spark than the few hundred mA normally there?
Again I dont know

and no I WASNT talking about water injection, I know all about that ( what I need to know anyway) thats fed into the inlet manifold usually through the air filter or just after it to cool the engine and produce more power and various other options, this definatly was not that.

it was water fed into the inlet to which the spark ignited.

Water will just vaporize / boil when you plow voltage through it, we'd be in a lot of trouble if it exploded as every time there was a lightning storm...

IF I knew the answer to the above questions I'd be making it not throwing ideas in the air.

As I recall, you made the distinction between burn and explode for water. I was just asking clarification of the difference you seemed to be so clear on. In other words, what your "idea" really was.

Now, it appears you are just throwing words in the air to get a reaction without knowing what they mean.

That is not a good way to address any problem.

John

Water will not burn unless you make it into not-water. Break the molecular bonds and create hydrogen and oxygen. It will not happen in an engine as we know it. You need nuclear fusion temperatures.

Last edited:
Electric eye, I hope you're not trying to insult me.
I'll get mike to sort you one there.

If you do not enjoy my idea of comic relief, don't read it or ignore it.
I see comic in everything, and like to share it, maybe some others enjoy it.

Do you really think I would go and try something silly as that. It's the idea behind water that sparks I was aiming my comedy at.

I'm new here dude. Not here to cause problems. Forums are a great place for knowledge sharing. It's why I'm here anyway. I was really attempting comedy. If I was to insult you, there would have been no question in your mind. I don't beat around the bush. Anyway I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

Last edited:
If you put a 220V wire into water, the water explodes? I would like to understand why it isn't just the well known electrolysis process generating H2 and O2. At well known levels of efficiency. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back