Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP50g calculator please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magician13134

I got this calculator from Christmas and I love it, but there's one thing I haven't figured out, and can't seem to find anywhere... how to divide...
If I type in 6/4 it comes out as 3/2, you and I both know that that's 1.5, but when it comes to fractions like 375/32, I can't do those in my head! There has to be some way to make the calculator display these as decimals instead of reduced fractions... Thanks

Ah, a so called "natural display" calculator. We accidentally bought a Casio with this "feature" and my daughter nearly failed an exam because of it. On this calculator there is a button with S<=>D on it that converts. You cannot however change it to default to decimal.

For anyone that hasn't come across these ludicrous calculators, this is what you get.

Mike.

Last edited:
Nope, all the calcs I see over here come out with the decimal value first. We then have trouble getting that to fractions :)

I see there is a "mode" button on that calculator.
Try pressing that and changing it out of fraction mode into decimal or "normal".
-Omar

Isn't the 50g a graphical calculator?
Anyway... I have a Ti-89, the way around this on the TI is to change the Mode from Exact to Approximate... Or you press the "diamond" button before you press enter. So try pressing shift (or similar) before you press Enter.

Also, read the manual =]]
I had N.F.I. why it was doing such a thing until I discovered that feature...

I've got one and there is a way to set it to desplay decimal by default but I can't remember which buttons to push and it's at work. Anyway, I quite like it, I've found that it makes entering formulae much easier and to display decimal, I just use the Eng button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back