Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HOW-TO] VU Meter using old CCFL tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menticol

One and half years ago, a forum member asked about a mysterious VU meter he owned. We tried to know how it worked, but failed.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/my-huge-fluorescent-plasma-vu-meter.85714/

Today I've found what is it, how it works, and how to build one! It's a cold cathode fluorescent tube!!

YouTube - VU meter

I don't want any problem with the author, so here you have his links, including Youtube Channel and Flickr

YouTube - epartgrocer's Channel
Flickr: stupidb123's Photostream

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ccfl.png
    ccfl.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 3,487
Last edited:
Hi Menticol, and thanks.

That was me.

Already found it later : ---> **broken link removed**

Miguel
Tu apodo me recuerda mis dias de muchachito por alla...

Last edited:
about the neon

i have made the schematic and i used a old neon that i bought from carrefour 6 years ago. they came with the ccfl bl-204 serie and has attached 2 neons......
the schematics doesn't work for me...
and i need to know why is that. the circuit work's fine but the neons just light on and off normal not like in the video. can anyone help me with that?
sorry for my english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back