Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Interrupt in PIC16F877A in C..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many LED's to update... You need to get higher than 15 fps... You need to drive them differently to get a smooth output.

it is 8x32 only i have connected the 2 led together in row...

I know how you did it....

There are 32 writes to the display.. each LED is on for @4mS

4m * 32 = 128... 128mS frame rate... Less than 8fps.

To make the flicker go away, you need to speed it up... BUT!!! as I said AGES ago... The LED's will get dimmer.

You need to get the frame rate up past 15fps

If you change your timer so the interrupt happens every 2ms, then you double the fps to 16.. ( but at a cost!! )

Lol your leds may even look brighter if you speed the frame rate up. And with faster rate you can feed more mA to the leds.

I would also like to point out something to those of you that use MPLAB..

I have noticed an error whilst it compiles.... When you swap out C file Ie.. if you create a C file called font.c... THEN edit the file and rename to font1.c then swap the files out.. The compiler sometimes doesn't pick this up.

This can cause undue stress when debugging, as the old "font.c" may still be referenced in the debugging file...

I have just pulled my hair out on this one...

Is it just me that thinks that this is 28 pages of thread without any progress?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back