Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW TO SHORT THE OP-AMP'S INPUTS TOGETHER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minh Thanh

This is first time that I heard " Short Inputs " .It 's terrible to me . I dont know how to short it . Could you help me about this, ?. Please you illustrate by picture so that I can understand it clearly . I attached a photo below . Thank you !

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 121
Depends on the context. Why are you being instructed to short the inputs together? Shorting the inputs together will not damage anything, but it usually is not a good idea. If this is for some kind of performance/noise test, what is the test?

Also, are you sure they don't mean to short the input to ground?

ak

Depends on the context. Why are you being instructed to short the inputs together? Shorting the inputs together will not damage anything, but it usually is not a good idea. If this is for some kind of performance/noise test, what is the test?

Also, are you sure they don't mean to short the input to ground?

ak
Just to calibrate the circuit, first short the inputs together and adjust the offset potentiometer to obtain 0-mV output from the LM351.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 119
PS: It's stupid design. Shorting the input may not even work in this case.

PH probe basics: **broken link removed**
and https://www.ti.com/lit/an/snoa529a/snoa529a.pdf

I'd actually use any resistor > 10 meg ohms for the PH input. Shorting can conceivable make the OP amp go full scale.

LM351 Datasheet: https://www.st.com/content/ccc/reso...df/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00000453.pdf

PH is just one of those applications that a typical OP-amp won;t work well. It's also where guarding should be used at the inputs. Ib (Input bias current) is temperature sensitive. It's also a board where the board should be cleaned thoroughly and not touched afterwards.

The reference electrode is your best calibration. You should have a second reference too,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back