Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reset this ic without any switch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Friend i have a 24 hour timer and i want to reset this ic automatically without any switch please friend kindly give any circuit diagram or help.....

Means i want to reset this ic without pressing reset button... I mean electronically .........

Thanks in advance.....

Attachments

• 242.png
    242.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 447
Friend i have a 24 hour timer and i want to reset this ic automatically without any switch please friend kindly give any circuit diagram or help.....

Means i want to reset this ic without pressing reset button... I mean electronically .........

Thanks in advance.....

When do you want to Reset the 4060, eg: after a time period or a change in a external event.?

after two hour...... i want to reset automatically...

This is the same thing he's been asking about all this time: he wants a timer to go on at a certain time each day, stay on for 2 hours, then go off.

yaa carbonzit.... but i have got that solution .... and this post is related to reset switch............

kindly acknowledge..

So Yusuf, I'm just curious: if you're using that circuit you posted above as a 24-hour timer, how do you set it? There's no indication of the time or any apparent way to set it that I can see.

Just wondering.

friend we can set 2 hr timer according to the range table shown in the circuit..... i just want to switch reset button on or off after 2 hr..... or just think of another ic which has reset signal ... so here how to reset or switch on or off without any physical use...

Last edited:
i want to reset this ic without pressing reset button... I mean electronically
Resetting the timer automatically after 2hrs will cause it to repeatedly generate 2hr periods one after another. Is that what you want?
If so, the 4060 itself could be wired to reset automatically. If the reset is to be provided by some other IC, then won't you need a pushbutton to activate that other IC?

hello alec ... please tell both of them with good explanation and circuit diagram.. ... with switch....

You haven't answered my first question, Yusuf. If you don't give us the info we need then we can't give you much help.

If '... with switch...' is the answer to my second question then why is using a switch any better than using the pushbutton shown in your circuit (which you are trying to avoid) ??

Friend I have attach a circuit diagram..... and I have also given a good detail as follows please help :

This is Three hour timer...
For a period of 3 Hours - the Range table shows that you can use the output at Pin 1.

Pin 1 to go high after 3 x 60 x 60 = 10 800 seconds.

And 10 800 ÷ 256 - is about 42 seconds.

I have Adjust R4 so that the Yellow LED lights 42 seconds after power is applied.

This will give an output at Pin 1 after about 3 Hours.

When pin 1 goes high - the relay will de-energize - and the timer will stop.

To start the timer again - you need to take pin 12 high.

The high must be a single pulse.

It doesn't matter how long it lasts -

The relay will energize immediately -

But the timer WON'T START TO RUN until the pulse ends.

When the alarms sound - the clocks will deliver a SINGLE high pulse to pin 12

The alarm clock will simply remind the user to press the reset button and I want that it reset automatically.... without touching reset switch...

But I using the timer is "Single Shot" mode.

It will be RESET (restarted) twice a day.

So the 3hr output will always be the same length.

So............ friend i dont want to press reset button.... I want that it reset automatically......

Kindly help.............

Attachments

• 3hr_timer.png
    3hr_timer.png
    22 KB · Views: 1,984
Attach the anode of a diode to pin 1. The cathode to the reset pin.

I have it.
Build two timers like in post #1.
The first timer: remove D1, D2, Relay....
Connect a 1k to 10k resistor from Q14 to RESET pins. (set to run for 24 hours)
This will cause the timer to run all the time and never stop.
Q14 will be low for 24 hours and go high for a short time set by the new resistor and C-RESET.
The reset button is OK, just to start the timer at time 0.
The second timer is not modified. Set to run for 2 hours.
Connect Q14 of first board to RESET on second board. (timer 1 pushes reset on timer 2)

thanks friend i am new in electronic..... please......................... attach or modify this circuit.....

Hello alec.. I am trying to avoid both the switches.. Friend i have post a full detail on second page at top.. Kindly have a look and help me to solve this problem..

Hello alec.. I am trying to avoid both the switches.. Friend i have post a full detail above.Kindly have a look and help me to solve this problem..

Try this mod to your circuit:-

Attachments

• Reset.gif
    Reset.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 366
hello... alec thanks for help..... but the circuit diagram you have send will it surely work as I have mentioned above... and second thing is if the alarm rangs it should reset this Ic and as it is ofcourse timer it will turn off after three hour.... automatically and again repeat this process as alarm rangs.....
Note : I using the timer is "Single Shot" mode it will reset this Ic two to four time a day...

Kindly help....

The circuit I suggested will do what you want provided the alarm clock can output a logic-high signal. However, many alarm clocks operate on only 1.5V, which won't be enough for a reset if your logic high level is 5V. Accordingly, you will need a level-shifter. The attached circuit should do the job. I have assumed that when the alarm sounds it outputs a 1.5V 500Hz square wave available at the sounder terminals. This will cause repeated reset pulses. When the alarm output pulses stop the counter will count to 3hrs. So your timed period will be the length of time the alarm sounds (1 minute??) plus 3hrs. In my circuit R6 is the same resistor as the R6 in your circuit. Note that in your circuit the L connection to the relay needs to go to the NO contact; not the NC contact as apparently shown.

Attachments

• Reset2.gif
    Reset2.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 216
Alec.. Thanks but my alarm sounds for one hour and i want three hour timer circuit so what modification will i have to do..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back