Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to remove passwords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisrole

Hi`s to all,

I am repairing a Truckline car stereo model CC40 w/ serial no.M054010, I can not open it because it needs to enter the correct password? I really dont know the password thats why i tried to bypassed some control but still no good..pls guys are there sites giving this passwords or is it possible to totally eliminate this password so that there is no need to enter this everytime.

thanks for response in advance,,,God bless!

I found one random link doing a Google search that says
try 35362
But that's for a slightly different model, you can try all 0's, or 1234 (up to the limit of the number of digits for the password) But if that doesn't work you're stuck with either guessing it randomly (and if it's 5 digits that's going to take quiet a while) or taking it apart and removing whatever backup memory battery it may have. If it stores the password if EEPROM or FLASH memory you may be out of luck unless there is some way to do a full out factor reset of the entire unit. If you can't find a service/operating manual for it you're pretty much stuck taking the thing apart and figuring it out yourself.

Maybe you need to try all the nos from 0001 to 9999 . One of it would work for sure. If you're luckier, then the number will be nearer to 0001.

Maybe you need to try all the nos from 0001 to 9999 . One of it would work for sure. If you're luckier, then the number will be nearer to 0001.

No more no less what I did with the small padlock in my suitcase once. Just make sure you are organizade and do tries in chunks. Tens is the unit to avoid fatigue and confusion. Ah, paper and pencil IS a must.

You all seem to be ignoring that it's a security function, intended to prevent use if stolen - why doesn't the OP know the code if it's his radio?.

Also, random guessing isn't likely to work - as they generally only allow a limited number of tries, often requiring longer and longer delays between subsequent ones.

The numbers are stored in EEPROM, so no battery to remove - and are almost certainly encrypted.

hahaha thanks guys...its really not my radio, somebody give it for me to repair,thats why...For clarity its not being stolen, it was a company property, as different drivers for that truck use it, they didnt mind its password and thats why..thats it...got loss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back