Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce the input current in Class-E DC-DC converters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think we should have the schematic? How are we supposed to tell you what's wrong with it if you don't even show us what you're working with?

Anyway, the output clearly describes the problem. You have not defined "rser" (whatever that may be).

I opened tph3002.txt with notepad. Looks like a .subckt...

I saved the file and opened it with LTSpice. It opens but is missing all of the cr-lfs (end of lines).

I'm guessing that LTSpice sees it as just one line... Fix that, and it will likely work.

Why have you created another thread with the exact same topic!!!!
You now have three identical threads.....

I am going to TRY and clean it up....

Sorry Ian, I did not realize there was another one.

I have created the separate thread only but I don't how these threads are mixed together. Please, can you help me with the problem of spice code.

The point is that you should not have started a separate thread. If this is about the project in your other thread, post your questions there. No need to start a new one.

I don't know how to split them. Please, solve my problem.

For the last time, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SPLIT THEM! KEEP IT ALL IN THE FIRST THREAD!

Hello,

I am using the center-tapped transformer in SIMetrix simulation tool. The exciting tuns ratio of the transformer are 8:2. The primary tuns I have set to 8 turns according to the ratio.
Now, what value I have to give to the Ratio to primary 1 ?(See in the attachment)
Is the value of 250m or 2 according to ratio?

Attachments

• Transformer Parameters.png
    Transformer Parameters.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 271
I am working class-E DC-DC converter topology. I have the problem with the drain-source voltage which is not immediately start to rise the Vds voltage after the gate voltage zero. So, what are the values need to tune in order to get the ZVS (zero voltage switching). I can get it at another side. See, the attached Vds file.

Attachments

• Vds.png
    Vds.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Class-E Circuit.png
    Class-E Circuit.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Class-E Simulations.png
    Class-E Simulations.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Any how, i am not using the LT spice. I am using SIMetrix.

That doesn't change the point people are trying to make.

mady for the last time, STOP CREATING NEW THREADS ON THIS SAME TOPIC!

You only need one. I just had to merge 5 or 6 threads discussing this exact same DC-DC converter project. Keep the discussion in this thread. DO NOT CREATE ANY MORE!

I am so confused.....:wideyed:
1- Are you having trouble with the simulation or the actual circuit?
2- If it is the simulation go back to your original FET.
If it is the actual circuit tune the series C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back