Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a Super Sesitive AM transiver from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally Absurd Inventions explores the funnier side of our inventive spirit by featuring actual USA patented products.

Obtaining a patent is a costly and time consuming process. Inventors must have unstoppable faith in their vision in order to realize their dream of acquiring a patent. But sometimes these inventions come from a creative place so deep, they can be perceived by some as offbeat, unusual and possibly a bit eccentric. And that's where we step in… unveiling America's Goofiest Patents!
Join us now and glimpse into the mind of genius. Indulge yourself and behold the most incredible patents in the world!
Home - Totally Absurd Inventions & Patents, America's Goofiest Patents

Guys...
1. The neurons do give off electrical charge when discharging. Neurons fire at about 100hz. If you want to detect neuron activity, you can use an EEG.
That being said, actually reading thoughts...yeah, not easy at all - that's a lifetime of work, and I don't know anyone who knows enough about the brain to actually abstract out thought patterns. However, you can learn to give off specific types of patterns in order to control a device with your brain waves.

Why are you giving him a hard time?

Also, when they are referring to "mind control" on Forum TV with that project, they obviously chose that phrase to attract attention. It's not controlling a brain, but rather using someone's brain waves to control some device. Projects like these can work. You would have to design the communication protocol, put it in a circuit, have the device that interacts with it via some chip, and have the sensor. This would enable you to control things at a distance without using your hands or anything else - just think of it. Probably would require quite a bit of concentration though. Personally, I would like a keyboard interface like this. I can already type at about 80 words/minute, imagine what I could do with no hands.

Further guys, radio is just a frequency range in the electromagnetic spectrum. Anything that gives off ionized particles can be detected. Hence - EEG. You guys should encourage newbies rather than making fun of them. The latter, though you're having a good time, really discourages learning. We NEED more learning in the United States, as our public school systems leave a lot to be desired. Even if he thinks he's going to read thoughts and maybe be able to tell what's going on, in the end after doing a project with encouragement, he'll have learned quite a bit.

Attachments

• bidet.PNG
    bidet.PNG
    266.6 KB · Views: 126
We're happy to help those who want it, who are willing to put in some effort and learn.
Did you actually read the OPs posts? He's full of it, a snake-oil salesman in the making. Probably sells magic bracelets now.

Yes, I read the references on that guy he was trying to duplicate, with "pyramid power" and crystals and all that, as well as believing inserting rods into his body would give him immortality (he's dead now). However, there's a bit of truth to it as well in that the brain really does give off electrical signals. Whatever reason people pick up on for trying to learn something new, even if it's dead wrong, can still be a good thing.

True, your brain is full of electrical impulses and maybe one day someone not named Shuk.u.fuk.u will tap into what it all means.
Either way the OP was an idiot who must of took us all for fools.

Jeez, he was a high school student with no electrical experience. Replies that warned him about the complexity were good, as he could adjust his goals accordingly. However, just making fun of him and calling him ignorant without adding anything was kind of...I don't know, just not very helpful in adding value to this site. Just my opinion.

Woot! It works, If any of you wish to have the scematic, as I promised, kindly let me know and I will get it to you, as soon as I can get a program to draw out the scematic. Turns out, as I thought, the circut is very sensitive and you MUST place the components in the EXACT right spots, that is why along with the scematic, I will be giving photos at different angels of the finished prototype so as to make it easier to position the components. Thanks all agian for any help provided and I also MUST provide thanks in specific to my father and my Uncle for all the help provided. If you ever get the chace to read this, I know you both have very little time to put into such things and I'm glad you put as much time and effort into this as you have.

I'm so happy I finally got this thing working after 7 years of reasearch and development! Woot! If only I could share this feeling with you guys! I hope all your projects go off without a hitch.

Guess he started in kindergarten, he never did post his schematics.

Opps my mistake, he offered us a scematic whatever that is.

Last edited:
Blueroom, you've got a site with a few kits for sale. People come to this site asking questions, and your posting negative comments with your site at the bottom of your posts. If you simply took note of the interest, and maybe did a little project here and there on it, you could turn around and add an EEG kit to your site, then post something along the lines of "Hey, I have a kit to help with that, here's the link". You'd make more money that way.

Why would I add an EEG kit to my site? They're easy enough to build just follow the National Semiconductor data sheet for their instrumentation amplifier. The only kids building EEGs seem to be all located in India, I fear they're actually planning on using them on patients! Besides I design PIC kits.

My negative comments are often designed to make the OP think about what they're doing and why they're doing it. I've literally read thousands of posts from several forums and it can be like pulling teeth to extract information out of some posters. I discourage poor toadies who'd rather stick a fork in a toaster than learn ohms law, or anyone from the overunity / tinfoil hat crowd. The UPS types are also almost 100% third world folks and I do feel for them and try to discourage them wasting what little money thay have on an endeavor that'll cost them much more than a commercial UPS and won't damage their electronics or burn their house down.

The forums have crazies that come and go, read the old mstecha or walters threads. Or any of the HHO types that appear and disappear whenever you explain why it cannot possibly work.

I discourage poor toadies who'd rather stick a fork in a toaster than learn ohms law, or anyone from the overunity / tinfoil hat crowd.

Oh yeah? Well for your information it wasn't a fork, it was a butter knife. It was summer of '59 and I was nine years old. The toaster was an old Proctor Silex and to this day I have not forgotten the lesson learned. When I regained whatever composure a 9 year old can have I placed the plastic cover over the still hot toaster which promptly stuck to it. Just keep in mind it was a butter knife as only an idiot would use a fork! So there! :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back