Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a Super Sesitive AM transiver from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing the amount of misinformation available on the internet.
P.T. Barnum had it right.

Well seeing as there doesn't seem to be many people who are willing to aid with the furthuring of science on this website I will no longer check back here for the info I need. I will, however, post what comes out of it, if anything. I was thinking of posting the finished schematic here, but I think if I do I will only send it to those who were helpful.
In my opinion those who try to drag others down deserve to stay down where they are and to recieve no aid from anyone. With that in mind, I will NOT give the schematic to EVERYONE. If it works, I'll post and give everyone who was at least a little helpful the schematic but, only if it works. If it doesn't and I post it does I realize it will only take a few days tops for somone to post that I'm a fraud. I am no fool, as some of you say I am, I have better things to do with my time and energy than to trick others. I also know that there is nothing I can say to make others think that I am being honest, but if it were not for the men and women in our past who were willing to go and do what others said was foolish we would not have the knowledge we have today. I only hope that my leap of faith will give mankind the knowledge I hope it will. Think what you will of me, but remember, to have no hope in mankind is a sad way to live indeed.
Throw all the stones you wish, in the end they may end up hurting you instead of the intended target.

I did not mean, by my last comment, that I was going to make anyone look foolish, but that they would feel foolish.

I do have to say that I am quite disapointed in the fact that there are so many in the world that rather then help sombodys dream of helping out mankind, they would stomp on that dream and call it bogus, I'm only 21 yeas old, but I still believe that if we belive that mankind can be GOOD and HELPFUL, we can gain everything. You have NOT detered me, you have only made me think its a little less likely than mankind is inherantly good. Look at your comments, you can be helpful, not only to the asking the questions but to people who are looking in on the questions (like you guys who are trying to get people to not get tricked by me) in other more helpful ways. You could give me the aid I seek and say but I don't think it will help and say that nobody should buy anything from me, cause they shouldn't. But DON"T TRASH MY HOPES by saying "why do so many people get fooled into such things?" or other such comments. Have you ever stopped to thin that maybe this person really does belive in thier invention, this person really is trying to help out mankind? Have you ever thought that maybe your NOT the ONLY one whos trying to help out mankind? If this is what a scientist who is unknown and has very little money has to work with no wonder why the world is were it is. Good Job guys, for keeping the world in the gutter its in, instead of standing up and taking a stand, like the few have done. I thank the few who have helped agian for their help and I hope they will continue but if you guys will NOT help out the world will never change.

I would honestly have listened to those who told me it won't work, except in my own lab, we have found out that the brain does indeed send AND recieve radio waves. I have also found out that our current theroy of electricity is wrong, its just the best we currently got. Keeping that in mind, I cannot say it will not work until I have TRIED it. Even if science hasn't been proven wrong it MUST ALWAYS be questioned, if it isn't then the sceintific theory has at that point been lost. according to our own rules of sceince you run tests to see what the rules are, you then have your rules, but they are NEVER the solid rules we want to find, because as we find new technology and ways of testing things we can find newer and better rules. That is what I'm basing my technology on, my own research in my professors lab with his help. So as I said from the begining, it MAY be possible, nothing has disproven the theory yet. Besides that, radio waves are only a small peice of the equation, you guys were too focused on just what I needed to know about in order to make the device to relize thats not ALL of the device.

Nice except, I was talking about the fact that you guys have all been trying to tare me down, not help me. So that fact has nothing to do with reading a comic book, but everything with mankind having, as you said, problems.

I have always thought good of mankind, more in hope than anything else. But after this, I don't know anymore.
If four people can side track you, then you aren't very serious. :(

Several direct, helpful technical suggestions have been made towards the construction of your project. For the most part you've ignored them. Most of your words have been spent arguing with those who don't believe. You alone have the freedom to ignore them. They will not change their minds, and your response simply builds a platform for them.

There are people with useful electronic experience here for you. Use them. :D

You've also found some skepticism. Get over it. :mad:

I would honestly have listened to those who told me it won't work, except in my own lab, we have found out that the brain does indeed send AND recieve radio waves.

Sorry, I don't believe you - but feel free to continue with your experiments - we've already suggested sources of radio circuits for the frequencies you asked.

If we're particularly sceptical, it's because we've seen similar types of questions repeatedly here over the years, and it ALWAYS ends the same way - IT DOESN'T WORK!. Then the OP spends weeks asking how to alter it so it does work - which it can't, because the premise it's based on is untrue.

There is little that is particularly special about the CMAX time code receiver ICs if all you want is a sensitive AM receiver. An experienced radio engineer would probably consider a design using discrete transistors, or perhaps a simple variable gain op amp (AGC amp), but admittedly such solutions require greater knowledge and perhaps some test equipment. As an alternative to knowledge and equipment, application specific ICs can be useful. One other integrated circuit that is popular for simple AM receivers is the MK484
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/10/82-1026.pdf

however, I note that the manufacturer only specifies operation down to 150KHz. It isn't clear why it has this limitation and the more hardy amongst us can experiment with it at lower frequencies to see if this limitation is a hard one or can be worked around.

Since the AM receiver has been around longer than all of us have been alive, there are many circuits available via googling. Here is a site with some interesting circuits, for example:
**broken link removed**

One of the problems with the frequency range that you are working in is the size of an optimal antenna. It is well known that constructing the proper antenna for an application returns an enormous bang for the buck so to speak. There is a useful formula for computing the wavelength of an EM wave:
Code:
w = 300 / f
where w is wavelength in meters, and f is frequency in MHz.

300 / 0.03 = 10,000 Meters
300 / 0.06 =  5,000 Meters
A half-wave dipole would be between 2,500 Meters and 5,000 meters, never mind the fact that it should be at least a quarter wave length above the ground. You begin to see the problem. Shorter antennas will be like tying one hand behind your back before you even get started.

There was a system called ELF designed for communication with submarines that was proposed for the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. It was high power with massive antennas and I don't think it was ever constructed, but the problems of working in this frequency band are substantial.

One of the components of a tank circuit is an inductor. Inductors are made on a core of air, iron, ferite or other materials. At low frequencies the required inductors need quite a few turns to get to the required inductance.

Anyway good luck with your research.

Thanks papabravo, Will keep that in mind.

I do have to say that for people who know a lot about electricity, you guys sure don't know much about EEG aquision devices, because that is essentialy what I'm building. The main differance is the algarithim used and the frequancy range that is studied. That is why I do not belive you guys when you say the brain has NO radio waves, that is what EEGs read! So in a way your not only nay saying me but everyone whos ever had, used, or studied a EEG and those that belive in them. THat is why its so funny you think the brain has no Radio waves!

With all the info Gathered I will begin contruction tomarrow, thats when most of my supplies are supposed to get in.

Thanks papabravo, Will keep that in mind.

I do have to say that for people who know a lot about electricity, you guys sure don't know much about EEG aquision devices, because that is essentialy what I'm building. The main differance is the algarithim used and the frequancy range that is studied. That is why I do not belive you guys when you say the brain has NO radio waves, that is what EEGs read! So in a way your not only nay saying me but everyone whos ever had, used, or studied a EEG and those that belive in them. THat is why its so funny you think the brain has no Radio waves!

Umm you really should read up on EEGs first, it's electrical impulses not RF.
Electroencephalography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It'll give you a set of wiggly lines like this, but it won't tell you what the brain is thinking about.
**broken link removed**
I love chicken I love liver meow mix meow mix...

lol, nice pic!
I guess I shoulda said SCHOOL's Lab (collage) Of course I don't have a lab, I can't even afford Breakfast some months. Of course I'm just choosing to go without so as to have the money to built the thing (not to mention the fact that school is expesive but I will never let my parents pay for it, its my education, not thiers)

Also, I guess I need to tell you frmom the "electrical impulses." Electrical impulses are shown on the graph that you so kindly provided as they SPEED up and Slow down, or in other words, change in velocity. As said charge changes in Velocity Radio waves are emitted, so therefore there are radio waves in the brain. If you don't belive me, look it up.

lol, Just for the heck of it I looked up Lab or Labratory and got this defanition:
Laboratory, a place where scientific research and experiments are conducted

According to thins, almost anywere could be a lab! That is funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back