Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to diagnose ESD chip damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks spec, we think along the same lines. I had already changed to the MAX485ECPA+ which has similar specs.

Also I would normally have designed in ESD protection and polyfuses (post #7), however this is an old legacy board which I dont have time/control to change. The LTC2862 is also only surface mount unfortunately.

From this thread I was just hoping for some 'epiphany' method for testing for ESD damage that I hadn't thought of, or something more accessible than XRAY (as Huttojb1 suggested).

Thanks for all the responses.

From this thread I was just hoping for some 'epiphany' method for testing for ESD damage that I hadn't thought of, or something more accessible than XRAY (as Huttojb1 suggested).

Thanks for all the responses.

Hey Cirero, if you send me a suspect device I can try and get it on the X-ray the next time I'm on it.

Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back