Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add some programming into Automatic Water Tank Level Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Non89

Dear Everyone,

I need your assist/help.

Do anyone know how to add some programming into Automatic Water Tank Level Controller, can provide me some idea and schemetic circuit and diagram?

Or any idea on those Project which are included hardware and programmable ?

Last edited:
If you just want to cut off the water supply when the tank is full, a simple float valve would be much simpler, cheaper and arguably more reliable than any electronic control system.

sorry but i dont really understand the question, it might help if you specfy exactly what you are wanting to get done.It might be a language thing but i didnt really get any idea what you want

Sorry, Let me clarify my word....

Now I plan to do my project which need to combination of Hardware Part (Circuit Design) and Software Part ( programming/ microcontroller ), because the hardware development is simlpler if included programming/microcontroller. I need assist on did anyone can share any Automatic Water Tank Level Controller with programming/microcontroller or any project design come with hardware part and software part ?

i am doing something similar with a small water tank and going to try capacitive sensing with a micro but i dont have a circuit diagram or code yet. does this have to be with a micro? and is this school work type stuff? if not what is the application? (is it actually water)
one last question is this a real project as in do you need to build it or just sim it?
depending on tank size you might be able to use one those ultra sonice distance units, do a search on the site there is a similar project a while back.

i like the velleman kits,you cant buy the parts cheaper than they sell the kits for! i also like the fact that they give you the full schematic free online and will give you loads of help on there forum from there staff if you want to tweak stuff! lately i have seen some pretty cool kits there like 5x5x5 ed cubes!

I've used the Vellemen liquid level controllers too. Works great, but Non89 sounds like this a school project, and those kits are pure hardware. I pirated the input design for my Christmas waterer from that.

Ken

i am doing something similar with a small water tank and going to try capacitive sensing with a micro but i dont have a circuit diagram or code yet. does this have to be with a micro? and is this school work type stuff? if not what is the application? (is it actually water)
one last question is this a real project as in do you need to build it or just sim it?
depending on tank size you might be able to use one those ultra sonice distance units, do a search on the site there is a similar project a while back.

Dear Little_Ghostman,

Ya, Its my School project, and I need to built it with combination with software, because with the combination with softwawre, I can get more easier circuit design and also small in size, but not loss much mark even the circuit is simple due to the mark given was compensate by software part.

Last edited:
Not sure exactly what you want, just say you had a tank with 4 sensors and a pump.

1. Overfill - alarm (this could be a water switch on the ground or the top)
2. Full
3. Part full
4 Empty

Let's even say that the pump uses a solid state component and a relay for protection and there is nothing unusual in that case, Usually the alarm monitoring is totally separate.

You could also integrate alarm responses as well. You go from a wide area alarm to a local alarm etc,

The basic idea is to run the pump when the level reaches "some reserve" until it is "full".

You could make it more complicated by using a conductive probe sensor of various designs including yours. e.g. https://www.wisc-online.com/objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=ELE2507 Have the micro controller generate the AC voltage and design a way to measure high resistances.

These are just ideas.

Just recently, i saw a hobby sensor that could be placed in the wall of a vessel, but not sure how it worked.

Ah ok, Try and find a post on here doing the same thing, it was a longish time ago. I dont remember the OP i think it was a girl, she used a ultrasonic level detector (cheap units) to a micro, from memory the person that helped the most with the code was AtomSoft, so search his posts and you should have a complete solution.
HTH
LG

its been my long dream to build this but budget limit on building big high concrete tank. the idea is like this. 2 sensors (assume normally LO if no water) to activate deactivate water pump on the ground. 1 sensor (SENS1) = full (pump stop if HI got water), 1 sensor (SENS2) = need refill positioned somewhere in the middle (pump ON if LO aka no water) think hysterisis. i bought the sensors in ebay china long time ago, plenty of variety there, but since i have no tank, hence no project only dream. the code is simple as ABC, pseudo...

do {
if (SENS1 == HI) motor = OFF;
else if (SENS2 == LO) motor = ON;
};

ps: darn its hard to key in TAB in this editor :mad:

its been my long dream to build this but budget limit on building big high concrete tank. the idea is like this. 2 sensors (assume normally LO if no water) to activate deactivate water pump on the ground. 1 sensor (SENS1) = full (pump stop if HI got water), 1 sensor (SENS2) = need refill positioned somewhere in the middle (pump ON if LO aka no water) think hysterisis. i bought the sensors in ebay china long time ago, plenty of variety there, but since i have no tank, hence no project only dream. the code is simple as ABC, pseudo...

do {
if (SENS1 == HI) motor = OFF;
else if (SENS2 == LO) motor = ON;
};

ps: darn its hard to key in TAB in this editor :mad:
Link to the the sensors you bought? Mine is just stainless steel wires or rods. The circuit and program flow in the link in my post #6 above is exactly what your asking for. The electronics are the same for a tea cup or a 10,000 liter tank, only the length of the sensor is different.

Ken

its been a long time there is a long list in ebay now difficult for me to find exactly it will needs time. but its very similar to this (below)... its a switch when submerged in water the switch will close. above water its open. there is vertical and horizontal type you choose.
https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Liquid-...upplies_ET&hash=item4611364bed#ht_1288wt_1125

edit:

ahh found the exact name in my record, here from china... cheaper! what else? but i havent test durability since no tank remember? ;)
https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Horizont...738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bcf85022

Last edited:
Please refer this project
**broken link removed**
this project is great and can fulfill hardware+software control, but the price is quite expensive. Any others similar project but with lower cost ?
:eek: man $300++ for that? arduino+lcd+ultrasonic sensor? now thats arduinophoolery i can buy a decent DSO with that. buy all the stuffs from ebay if you can find one single seller you should pay alot less... i think.

Hi Shafri,

I m requesting this project presentation now , because I not fully understand how this circuit work. Do you mind to simply explain to me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back