Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How many times have I advised reading the datasheet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Rogers

User Extraordinaire
Forum Supporter
Most Helpful Member
Well a lesson to all.....

I have just spent the last week trying t access MMC card interface on a small Pinguino micro.... Wondrous device for £12.50..

I have so far done virtually everything with this thing that I can do with the pic18 series... But!! The little microSD has given me a headache.......

Using MikroE's pic32 compiler ( FAT16 only ) I must have bought 10+ different microSD cards and NONE worked..

Just 10 minutes since I was trawling the net and I came upon a issue someone was having with the AtoD..... He could not access AN13....Hummm!!!! That's the very pin the pinguino uses for the MMC CS pin..... As I read through this topic, the answer hit me.... I have been hit with this before and must have forgotten..... Bluddy JTAG..... No mention of this when using the AtoD...

So a warning........ RTFDS!!!!!

Now happy....

Have you found a workaround to enable SD card access? (I haven't read the DS :)).

Yes.... Turn off the JTAG.... I never use it..

It's all working now..... I have a microSD and a VCP ( Virtual Com Port ) The basics of my new Datalogger..

The Pic32 datasheets are spread over several seperate documents... One for AtoD, one for CCP... etc... very hard to use..

Ian, my suspicion is we're both Way too familiar with "RTFM"... my best to all for the holidays...
Just reread JTAG reference.. Good Spot!!
Sometimes the debugging lines are also used in function (see Freescale HC08 series).
Can cause Real Fits in later debugging<<<)))

Haha, like deja vu. I've had this same problem before but with a Cortex-M3 on a project a while back. Couldn't understand why it wouldn't work, was triple checking my port setups etc...ended up unmap the JTAG pins.

This kind of "bug" is very hard to find or avoid by reading the datasheet.. I've fallen to this trap many times with AVRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back