Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how many 8x8 led matrix can be connected to 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambasainath

i frnds can any one tell me wht is the maximum no. of 8x8 led dot matrix can be connected to 8051 or 8052. and how please tell me.....
thanks in advance

It didn't wrong to tell you ''An infinite number''.
Becuse limited port of 8051 can be expand through Shift Registers(74HC595.etc) or decoder
then led dot matrix can be connected to 8051/52 ,and controlled
Hope that helps you... my English is not very good,Forgive me

Xia

ya i can understand. but iam using HCF4017BE as shift register can u suggest me any row driver for common anode

Last edited:
use PNP transistor(e.g. 8550) and any other decoder IC(e.g. 74HC138,CD4514,CD4515,74LS154).
do it step by step Wish you success
**broken link removed**

hey thanks for ur help its working. but i have one problem.
i have connected 10 8x8 led matrix.
To drive the msg we have to reset the ST_CP,SH_CP pins every time.
so its working up to 3 8x8 matrix only when we connect more then the same msg is repeating like this

123 123 123 123
it is repeating four times

as i increase the pins resetting the ST_CP,SH_CP for 8 times its working but the size of each char also increasing 4 times ple help me in this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back