Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Lucrative is Wind Energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where? It all depends of the overall amount of wind over time, and also the wether frequenzy. Is there other energy sources that's cheaper in the area?

Here in North Dakota we cant get them and higher capacity transmission lines going out of state built fast enough! :D

Yup, huge growth and employement potential for at least a decade. Employment should continue to rise in both skilled design and installation steadily for at least the next ten to fifteen years with engineers able to get into the high 6 figure income brackets easily in that time frame. If you can get on as an engineer/designer and stay with the company you may be able to retire early enough to enjoy the rest of your youth and all of middle age with little or no problem. As oil and gas continue to skyrocket in cost and dwindle in reserve solar and wind will become bigger players in the global energy arena annually. Get in now and get out rich and famous if you apply yourself. Just my .02 FWIW.
Bob

Collecting wind energy is pretty detrimental to the environment. Literally, energy in the wind is being taken out of the system, thus changing wind patterns and things like precipitation and temperature.

It might be booming in places now, but I think it'll die down compared to solar panel technology or tidal energy. To be honest, I think plants have it all figured out.

Last edited:
Collecting wind energy is pretty detrimental to the environment. Literally, energy in the wind is being taken out of the system, thus changing wind patterns and things like precipitation and temperature.

What a load of HOGWASH....... so does that also mean 100 year old trees that sway in the wind also change weather patterns?????? I suggest you provide any PROOF that wind generators alter the course of nature and I'll bet 3 small stones and some ZOO POO from a DODO bird if your so-called PROOF is actual FACT...........

Last edited:
What a load of HOGWASH....... so does that also mean 100 year old trees that sway in the wind also change weather patterns?????? I suggest you provide any PROOF that wind generators alter the course of nature and I'll bet 3 small stones and some ZOO POO from a DODO bird if your so-called PROOF is actual FACT...........

Yep - a total nutter :p

Why, by his own reasoning, don't tidal and solar power cause the same imaginary effects? - because they too are taking power out of the system.

Hey, Cmon lighten up guys. I have been folowibg the thread and am just about to buy the perpeual motion machine and universal resistor/capacitor combo. It's only a dollar three ninety seven and 62cents plus 187.50 freight.....
Bob

Hey, Cmon lighten up guys. I have been folowibg the thread and am just about to buy the perpeual motion machine and universal resistor/capacitor combo. It's only a dollar three ninety seven and 62cents plus 187.50 freight.....
Bob

Non of that will work without the optional flux capacitor and the hyper warp drive unit. Those necessary items jack up the price.

It might be booming in places now, but I think it'll die down compared to solar panel technology or tidal energy. To be honest, I think plants have it all figured out.
The wind is driven by solar energy heating the ground/air. Solar panels reduce the heating and in turn reduce wind. You logic is flawed.

I

That basically sounds like a whole lot of technical nothin. Tree's, hills, mountains, urban building and countless other natural and man made obstacles are and have been in the winds way since the beginning of time yet the wind still blows.

Also wind generator towers are only at most a few hundred feet high but the range of meteorological effects in the atmosphere stretch up into the 100,000's plus elevation range. Thats roughly equivalent to the bottom sheet of paper in a stack over a foot thick. ;)

Did your information come from this guy? :rolleyes:

Global-warming-witch-doctors-latest.jpg

Last edited:
So back to wind power... Even if that reasonig is correct, whenever we get energy from anywhere, we are taking it from somewhere. This obviously has some impact even if it is nominal, but we have to get energy some way. I really don't think that some wind turbines will have anywhere near the malicious effect that fossil fuels have.

So back to wind power... Even if that reasonig is correct, whenever we get energy from anywhere, we are taking it from somewhere. This obviously has some impact even if it is nominal, but we have to get energy some way. I really don't think that some wind turbines will have anywhere near the malicious effect that fossil fuels have.

The energy is just there for the taking. It it abundant, renewable and recycable. No reason not to exploit it.

Any impact would be a local one, and not felt of a global scale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back