Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you use this thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanHatch

Hey; I recently benefited from a business closing down and throwing away lots of stuff in their store. I found this thing that looked interesting so i took it, but honestly I don't know what it does. Maybe I do; I think its a PA system but even then I don't know how to use it. If somebody could give me an example or some info on how to start using this thing it'd be swell. Here are some pictures of the type I found and some reference, thanks.

Attachments

• C3560100.PDF
    415.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 54-7852-03R2.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:
Well the reference manual isn't too specific; or else I'm just dumb. So what exactly can I make this do; and how do you hook up what to make it do that?

Thanks

As an amplifier, it should drive loudspeakers when fed from a microphone, record turntable, tape deck, etc. It looks like it uses a 70 volt line which means that, under normal long distance (around a factory) wiring, you would use a 70 volt transformer with each loudspeaker. Some Public Address system speakers come with the transformers already mounted on the speakers.

That's a PA system. Anyways, which model did you get? Lucky to get that thing huh? :D

Assuming you have the C10/C20 models, here's a simple way to use that thingie.

From any low level output (say from your pc soundcard), connect the cable from that output to the aux input of the amplifier.

For the speaker, hmm, if you are using 4 ohm speaker, then connect the + the the 4 ohm terminal and the other to the gnd terminal.

And then plug in the socket, turn on, and there you'll go :D

From my experience (using other brand of PA amplifier) the 25V and 70V terminals are only for use with speakers with built in transformer (PA system speakers).

By the way, i never see any PA amplifier using screw as an interface for the microphone.

One more, just in case smokes come out from that PA, don't throw it away. Give it to me bah :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back