Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you people do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you express yourself really well, especially for a 15 year old
Thank you. I take it you are from the US?

Why ? - Adults who are not native to english and cannot express themselves perfectly are less ridiculous than a 15 years young boy who's learning his mother tongue in school in detail from "hello" to the last grammatical feature and is unable to write words properly.

Oh, bummer. You aren't from the US? It used to be that the "F" word and "hell", and "damn", used to be horrible words to use. Times are changing though. I feal that these "cus words", are just words. Nothing more, nothing less. I use them to express myself(only when i am extreamly pissed). I dont like people critiquing me. Nobody is perfect.

it's not ... indeed Where're my mistakes ?

It's not that you have any mistakes, it's that your understanding of the english language is more old fassion. I myself wish the english language would still be in the "old fassion" sence, but this is entirely impossable now days. I blame this on rap music. I have no evidence, but i just hate rap. :) I just think rap has compleetly killed the respect we used to have. If you think i am rude, then you should meet some of the people that are in my grade. I am one of the "more polite people". If poopeater was trying to be funny, he could have atleast put some smiley faces in his post.

Also, please don't call me a "boy" or a "kid". I know, it is childish, but it is a little respect thing. You aren't calling me stupid, are you?

Oh! I think i know what you are getting at now, _nox_! Do you mean Post-Secondary? I am thinking of taking PSEO(Post-Secondary Enrollment Option) my senior year. Ahh! You are a genious! I don't have to bug my principal about getting an electronics course! I could just go PSEO! Oh, i am loving this!

It's fashion BTW, not fassion. Just something I can't let go unsaid because the shhhhh sound is completely different from ssssssss. Impossable is impossible. Only one e in completely. Unnecessalirly is unnecessarily (read your version slowly and it garbles at the end) ;) Might as well fix them when you're young rather than when you're older and it may really matter how you come across to people. Typos, okay, but outright mispelling words should be corrected sometime. "The emperor is not forgiving as I am." lol. Just the though running through my mind at the time.

Last edited:
@Mark: Are you a dyslexic ? ... no joke ;) Don't take it serious.

Also, please don't call me a "boy" or a "kid". I know, it is childish, but it is a little respect thing.
fine, but you *are* a boy, since your age is only 15.

You aren't calling me stupid, are you?
not yet :)

Oh, bummer. You aren't from the US?
no i'm not... obviously.

It used to be that the "F" word and "hell", and "damn", used to be horrible words to use. Times are changing though.
no ... not your words - I dislike the way you expressed your agression.

I feel that these "cuss words", are just words.
they are...

addition: actually << cuss >> itself already means swear-word. It's not necessary to add the << - word >>

I use them to express myself(only when i am extreamly pissed off).
You got used to it ... that's pretty bad...

addition: there's a great difference between << to be pissed >> and << to be pissed off >>
I don't like people criticizing me.
This is not good, my dear.

Last edited:
I have a sister who lashes out about ANY criticism regarding her whether it's something big or as small as complimenting SOMEONE ELSE she works with (criticism by implied comparison) and she is so absolutely "lost" at the moment and refuses to accept and advice or help. Don't become like that- it produces an aura of naiveness (naivety? sp?) among other things. Criticisms usually have some worth whether you like to believe it or not. Don't get overly insulted, irational, and pissed off, and lash out. Read it carefully and keep what you need. You will not continue to grow if you do not do this. It's one of the differences between handling things like an adult and having a tantrum (no offense, but that's the way I see it- think about how a third person would react to a lashing out like that).

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
I have a sister who lashes out about ANY criticism regarding her whether it's something big or as small as complimenting SOMEONE ELSE she works with (criticism by implied comparison) and she is so absolutely "lost" at the moment and refuses to accept and advice or help. Don't become like that- it produces an aura of naiveness (naivety? sp?) among other things. Criticisms usually have some worth whether you like to believe it or not. Don't get overly insulted, irational, and pissed off, and lash out. Read it carefully and keep what you need. You will not continue to grow if you do not do this. It's one of the differences between handling things like an adult and having a tantrum (no offense, but that's the way I see it- think about how a third person would react to a lashing out like that).

You're absolutely right - nothing more to add

pissed off
It is better than being pissed on! :) Lol. I couldn't resist!

It's fashion BTW, not fassion. Just something I can't let go unsaid because the shhhhh sound is completely different from ssssssss. Impossable is impossible. Only one e in completely. Unnecessalirly is unnecessarily (read your version slowly and it garbles at the end) Might as well fix them when you're young rather than when you're older and it may really matter how you come across to people. Typos, okay, but outright mispelling words should be corrected sometime. "The emperor is not forgiving as I am." lol. Just the though running through my mind at the time.

Fine. I am putting a dictionary next to my desk right now. There. Done, and done! It is a "Wbster's New World Dictionary, with student handbook". It is copywrited 1973, so it is fairly old. :) Now you may critique my spelling.

fine, but you *are* a boy, since your age is only 15
Sure?

lol. :) ;)

no ... not your words - I dislike the way you expressed your agression.
He has had a problem with me since my first post here. What ever? Sorry if it upset you. ;)

they are...
Ok, i guess that was alittle dumb of me to say :). I ment that they are just words as is dumb or stupid is/are. They, in my opinion, have the same "value" as the "bad" words. So, if i were to call someone "Dumb", that would, again, in my opinion, have the same value, or meaning as calling them a "Dumb a$$". See my point?

You got used to it ... that's pretty bad...
I don't get this mad very often. I am just extreamly frustrated right now with is whole electronics thing. Please bear with me! :)

I have a sister who dislikes ANY criticism against her and she is so absolutely "lost" at the moment and refuses to accept and advice or help. Don't become like that. Criticisms usually have some worth whether you like to believe it or not. Don't get irrationally insulted and pissed off. Read it carefully and keep what you need.

Aah! Don't worry. If you people give me contructive criticism, then i am 110% ok with that. But if you get to be like PoopEater, who never helps with a post, just corrects my spelling, and gets very anoying, then i will be very mad. So, we're cool!~!

It's not that hard to get back at Poopeater if you are angry at him. Just refer to him by name.

ROTFLMAO! Ok, i gotta hand it you ya, That's good stuff right there.

_nox_,
Please take all this lightly, it is not intended to offend. You still didn't tell me where you are from.
I've never said that... but in comparison: An adult who's not native to english is less ridiculous than a boy learning english in school every day as a native speaker and being unable to write words correctly...
You did, say that, though. You imply that, the boy is ridiculous, and the adult, is less ridiculous. I'm sure you didn't intend this, however, if you take a re-read of what you wrote, and think about it you will see why. The point is, that I just wanted to point out that no one is perfect, and that the language is not perfect either. The history of English is quite interesting, and it is arguable that the imperfections are what give English its strength, and ability to adapt. The debate over whether the written language is a record of the spoken language, or the spoken language should be modeled on the written, is as old as English is itself. Consider the opening line of a once popular science fiction "Star Trek," To boldly go. That use splits the infinitive form of the verb, and was, up until a few years ago, considered illiterate. Now, because of this TV show, it is acceptable to use this.

What annoys me, as dknguyen pointed out, are those arrogant young English first language speakers who use l33t speak, and gangsta speak, and anything else like these. This just tells me I'm getting old, and resistant to change, though.

Marks
Fine. I am putting a dictionary next to my desk right now. There. Done, and done! It is a "Wbster's New World Dictionary, with student handbook". It is copywrited 1973, so it is fairly old. Now you may critique my spelling.

O.K., Webster has an 'e' between W and b! I think you want copy written, rather than copywrited. ;)

Seriously, though, you should listen to the advice these guys have given you. You will be much more powerful if you don't let the chumps who judge you make you angry. In an argument, the person with the coolest head, and who keeps their logic and reason, wins. I'd be more inclined to look at all of poop-eater's posts, and find a way to really bite him back. I think what people who go on the attack are looking for is a 'knee jerk' emotional reaction.

I do agree, though, it is better to be pissed off, than pissed on!
Just my two cents.

What's that over there? Do you see that? THat thing in the distance? That's the original topic of this post going away!

You did, say that, though.
no i didn't :) read it again.

You imply that, the boy is ridiculous, and the adult, is less ridiculous.
not exactly. The sentence says that an adult who's not native to english is less ridiculous than a boy who cannot use his own mother language, which he learns day by day in school, properly.
I've never stated the boy is ridiculous in general. Only if he's unable to use his own language correctly.

I do agree, though, it is better to be pissed off, than pissed on!
Agreed. :cool:

You still didn't tell me where you are from.
Quite complicated story ;)

It's not that hard to get back at Poopeater if you are angry at him. Just refer to him by name.
This was a good one ... :D

What's that over there? Do you see that? THat thing in the distance? That's the original topic of this post going away!
You're right ... back to the topic.

@Mark:
Take some text books, read them, do the exercises, analyze circuits, and ( what helps me especially ) do reverse engineering. i.e. take a mobile phone, disassemble it, draw the circuit, analyze what the ICs are doing, take an oscilloscope and plot the data, etc... you'll learn pretty much.
The whole thing is a matter of time - after some years of hard practizing and learning, you'll be able to build great things ;)

Marks256 said:
Oh, bummer. You aren't from the US? It used to be that the "F" word and "hell", and "damn", used to be horrible words to use. Times are changing though. I feal that these "cus words", are just words. Nothing more, nothing less. I use them to express myself(only when i am extreamly pissed). I dont like people critiquing me. Nobody is perfect.

It's not that you have any mistakes, it's that your understanding of the english language is more old fassion. I myself wish the english language would still be in the "old fassion" sence, but this is entirely impossable now days. I blame this on rap music. I have no evidence, but i just hate rap. :) I just think rap has compleetly killed the respect we used to have. If you think i am rude, then you should meet some of the people that are in my grade. I am one of the "more polite people". If poopeater was trying to be funny, he could have atleast put some smiley faces in his post.

Also, please don't call me a "boy" or a "kid". I know, it is childish, but it is a little respect thing. You aren't calling me stupid, are you?

Oh! I think i know what you are getting at now, _nox_! Do you mean Post-Secondary? I am thinking of taking PSEO(Post-Secondary Enrollment Option) my senior year. Ahh! You are a genious! I don't have to bug my principal about getting an electronics course! I could just go PSEO! Oh, i am loving this!

1. feel
2. cuss
3. extremely
4. fashioned
5. fashioned
6. sense
7. impossible
8. at least
9. genius

I wasn't trying to be funny. I'm trying to help you. When you get into the real world, you will not be given the respect you deserve if you cannot spell simple words properly. When I am working with someone (especially if I know that english is their first language), and their spelling is this horrible, I will double and triple check any data that they are sending my way, because I just don't trust them.

Poor spelling makes you look like a simp, and even if you are the most brilliant electrical engineer to ever walk the earth, you will be fighting an uphill battle because your spelling WILL hold you back.

I know that it's not important. I know that it's not an indicator of knowledge on electronics. However, I do know that it is important in getting people to take you seriously.

Ron, I don't have anything under my saddle....poor spelling is simply one of my pet peeves.

To actually answer your initial question though, I would say that you should pick up a good EE text book. Find out what classes your local college offers. Then, look for the 'circuits 1' or 'circuits 101' class. Figure out what text book they are using, and buy it. There will be lots of example problems, explanation, diagrams, etc. A good text is very valuable in the learning process.

I even rely pretty heavily on my text books when I am refreshing myself on basic principles, or not too sure on how something works. They get down to the nitty gritty mathematical equations and details that I need when working with these things.

If you have a good text book and you need more information on a subject, just try doing a simple internet search. Google is a staple, and I have also become quite fond of wikipedia.

I still think you need to fix the spelling problem, too.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be funny. I'm trying to help you. When you get into the real world, you will not be given the respect you deserve if you cannot spell simple words properly. When I am working with someone (especially if I know that english is their first language), and their spelling is this horrible, I will double and triple check any data that they are sending my way, because I just don't trust them. Poor spelling makes you look like a simp, and even if you are the most brilliant electrical engineer to ever walk the earth, you will be fighting an uphill battle because your spelling WILL hold you back. I know that it's not important. I know that it's not an indicator of knowledge on electronics. However, I do know that it is important in getting people to take you seriously.

I've to agree with poopeater, absolutely. He's right in all points.
Even if you have extreamly good and complex ideas, you won't get the chance to tell them, because no one will listen to you. ( especially peer-review guys tend to abandon papers with non-acceptable spelling )

Now you are starting to sound like a little school girl!
xaxaxa!

Last edited:
I said i was working on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back