Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i get more power from ba6209

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkshima

hi all,

i am using ba6209 to control 6v(100 ma) dc motor in my new robot.
the motor is a normal tape deck motor.

my problem is ... when i connect the motor directly to the supply voltage
(9v 500 ma), the motor runs great and is literaly unstoppable by any weight. but when i drive it through the ba6209, it just cant take much load
and my robot has a tough time turning left and right. (it turn great if powered directly by the suply voltage)

i used the ba6209 as per the schematics shown in its datasheet but it just give out much juice. i tried keeping its 'reference voltage' pin open for max Vout but in vain.

a simple 6 transistor H-Bridge (using SL100s and SK 100s)gives out far more power than this IC. but i cant use H-bridges cos i have 4 motors
so 4 h-bridges will make the circuit very bulky.

can i possibly do anything bout this problem. i want real power.
the ba6209 gets its control siglans from CD4555BE (which in turn gets its inputs from a dtmf decoder i.e. cm8870). its a wireless robot controlled by a PC.
i dont have a multimeter so cant take any readings. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back