Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How did they stop Global Warming so quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElectroMaster, the last two pages of thread posts have been deliberate personal attacks. This thread should have been locked slightly before then. It's way past too late for any shred of sanity emerging from this.

Last edited:
ElectroMaster, the last two pages of thread posts have been deliberate personal attacks. This thread should have been locked slightly before then. It's way past too late for any shred of sanity emerging from this.

Agreed. Given that methane and CO2 are greenhouse gases, then if human activity *is* contributing to climate change there should enough emissions from the hot air and bull**** in this one thread to doom the planet forever :)

That said, there have been quite a few posts here which were informative and made me think and gave me ideas and pointers for research. Sadly it seems to be a topic which ultimately defies rational discussion.

Torben

So, which side drinks the purple Kool aid so the spaceship can come and pick them up? :confused:

TCMtech-- Great new avatar!!!

Thanks. Its my boiler chewing through half a railroad tie and an old tire with a plastic pail of old roofing tar on top of it. :eek:

It also calculated out to be a 1.5+ Million BTU burn rate being the 420 gallons of water plus 2000+ pounds of steel went from 90 F to 200 F in under 20 minutes! Its the hottest fire I have yet to make in it so far! :eek: :D

One of the places they were getting there Data from.

Burning trash is illegal and carries a big fine.:(
But if you put a lid and a smoke stack on it its then considered a trash incinerator which is seen as being legal. ;)
(I have one too and so do many others I know now as well. And you can probably guess who built them?):D

Way to go bureaucrats and politicians! You sure outsmarted us and put stop to all that illegal trash burning around the country. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Burn barrels are illegal? (serious inquiry) In what states? or is it federal?

Burn barrels are illegal? (serious inquiry) In what states? or is it federal?

I honestly dont know exactly but every year they make a few general public notices about it around here. And apparently it does carry a heavy fine if your caught but then again its not like they go looking all that hard being I can pick out one or more at every rural home where I live.

The more cautious people, who live just outside city limits, tend to be the ones I have seen with the smoke stacks now. Its also how I found about the burn barrel/ incinerator distinction. The odd chimney pipe converters made me inquire a few years ago as to what it was for.

If you want to build one just cut three or four 4" x 4" U shaped holes about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom and fold the top flap in so the intake draft blows towards the bottom. You will be amazed at how much cleaner, faster, and further your trash burns down. :)

Toss a few arm loads of sticks and wood in it and you have a excellent radiant heater for out in the yard on the cool evenings too!:)

Last edited:

Sorry for taking it so far, should never have shared those observations in the first place. Little spring-fever I guess. Our weather has improved, and almost back to normal. I'm on vacation, just got a new vehicle to play with, pretty sure I'm going to buy, and way too much time on my hands, waiting for my brother to show up (suppose to haul off the Explorer for scrap, plus decent tires and a full tank of gas). Should make him split the cash, but I want my carport back. Should grab the spare for a burner, probably original equipment.

Wonder how many carbon-credits active volcanoes get? What happens if they spew more CO2 than their allotment. How does the increase in the world's human population fit on the hockey-stick. Seems like it's been increasing at an alarming rate as well...

Around here in San Diego, we have a problem with fires ravaging our quaint little city. The PD does not even play when it comes to illegal burning of anything.
Firestorm 2007 San Diego

**broken link removed**

It would seem that most people have picked their side in this debate. The reasons for which way they have gone could be as simple as one article they have read or one interview they have heard. It could be as complex as a life time of study or just astute observation & gut feeling. When I look at the debate I see one side usually asking questions , putting up alternatives , seaking information that is not forthcoming , pointing out obvious (to them) contradictions , pointing out other factors that don't seem to have been considered or simply being cynical because of the politicisation . These people may be informed or uninformed , educated or uneducated but they are asking questions & not receiving answers just the doctrine as prescribed.
The other side has made up its mind. The relevant information has been gathered & the decision made. There is no room for doubt & nothing left to discuss. If your not with us then you must be against us , no middle ground. It almost seems like an orchestrated campaign to drown out any discussion , dissention or doubt. Shout them down , do not let them be heard , they are heretics. Some people on this thread seem to have an extordinary knowledge of everything and no matter what ideas are brought up , one or two resident "experts on everything" have the required knowledge to ridicule their point of view. To me the only ones guilty of name calling are the accusers themselves. It seems apparent that when you put forward an idea or information the fanatics rip it to pieces to demonstrate how clever they are. Usually in the process they will reveal their lack of knowledge. When this is pointed out to them the matter is ignored . ( see Prandtl Numbers in earlier post)
I'm finished with this topic - it's a waste of time feeding the egos of zealots

Global Warming is now under fire from many opposing groups claiming it's nothing more than a religion since it's more of a "belief" and not fact-supported science. If so, those earth-hugging, Mother Nature worshiping lunatics owe the people of the USA a ton of their tax dollars to be returned to them.

When do the taxpayers get back the money spent to annex mideast oilfileds, protect big oil status quo, and cover Dick Cheney's ass?

To me the only ones guilty of name calling are the accusers themselves.

Oh really?

I'm finished with this topic - it's a waste of time feeding the egos of zealots

Since you're the one calling names, then you must be the one doing all the other stuff:

There is no room for doubt & nothing left to discuss. If your not with us then you must be against us , no middle ground. It almost seems like an orchestrated campaign to drown out any discussion , dissention or doubt. Shout them down , do not let them be heard , they are heretics. Some people on this thread seem to have an extordinary knowledge of everything and no matter what ideas are brought up , one or two resident "experts on everything" have the required knowledge to ridicule their point of view.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back