Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i build that? (Flasher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have sensors on our traffic lights, but as far as I knew they detect IR light. I also thought they used a specific frequency, nothing like the pattern the OP wants, but as this is sort of a taboo subject here, i'll shut up;)

I remember when I was a kid hearing stories about being able to change red lights with a timing light. I also remember the police cars in St. Paul, MN having a big square box on the roof with a forward facing white strobe light. I imagine this was the light changing mechinism of the mid 1980's?

You could, but it makes the project more complicated.

It's called a MIRT, they are illegal and therefore against the forum rules.

im google it and found that the MIRT is a Mobile Infrared Transmitter for Emergency Vehicles.

BUT i dont need Infrared Transmitter... only the Blue-Red Light.
i have already a small blue flasher and i put hem in the roof when needed.
but it very old flasher and dont work goodness. and some time its dont work at all.

so i thinking to do a something nice. but i dont wont to buy one i wont do the because its interesting and i wont to know how its work...

Thankssss!!!!

Is this to impersonate an emergency vehicle?

If so it's still illegal and isn't allowed to be discussed here.

OK

tell me please,
at first i wont to put a LED but my friend tell me that the LED dont visible in day light. ONLY a very strong LED with 140 Luminess. He right?

You'll need a lot of super bright LEDs to pretend you're an emergency vehicle. Why do you want such a thing anyway? What country allows this?

no country allows this...
like i said before my english is very very poor and i'm writing here with a translator.
so you may not understand me.
i ask my friend what to write here but i dont remember what he said...
so i write roughly.
my grandfather is in the secret police (detective, like my friend say)
and he has a private car. The police provided him with a flasher but it was damged.
the police has no replacment for it, and anyway he wants something nicer for his new car.
My grandfather asked me to help him, and I'm kinda stuck with the LED's.. can anyone help me please? how can I place any xenons instead of LED's?
for conclusion, he has premission for it, but I don't know how to do it.
Thanks alot and have a nice day !

Even if he has permission for it, the design would need to be approved and he'd have it supplied to him.

In short I don't believe a word of it, you're just trying to lie to get us to help you with your illegal project.

If i will lie i dont tell you that i need it for Strobes...
i understand you.
anyway i dont have a force to it, i will put there a neon light...
in my country if some one with out permission for it put this the police tek her car for 30 days give ham a report and maybe put hem in jail for month or two.

iam sorry that my english not good if not we will can tolk more...
so thank you all for all the help you give me...

Thanks alot and have a nice day !

HeX0R said:
:) :) :) :) like i said my english poor

Alright I'll try to simply it for you.

It is illegal to impersonate an emergency vehicle.

If your stepfather worked for the police, they would supply him with a warning light.

They would not want him to build his own warning light.

Hero999 said:
Alright I'll try to simply it for you.

It is illegal to impersonate an emergency vehicle.

If your stepfather worked for the police, they would supply him with a warning light.

They would not want him to build his own warning light.

OK thank you.

can we close this diskation??? :confused:

:rolleyes:

i thimk Discussion...
to the protocol i give up with the xenon because its dangerus...
and i will put there a luxein LED.

so thank for all guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back