Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hotbar bonding equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane11

Has anyone tried to make a DIY device that works like a hotbar bonding machine?
I need only from time to time to change FPC( flexible printed circuits) on LCD ,using ACF( anisotropic conductive film),
so spending about several thousand USD on that machine is not good for me.
Thanks

I did my research here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_conductive_film I never heard of it.

I suggest you ask here: https://cr4.globalspec.com Without enough into, these guys will tear you apart. So be specific as what adhesive and what has to be done in your estimation.

Your variables seem to be pressure, temperature and time with some amount of surface area. A picture of the assembly would help too. It would help any engineer type to solve the problem without having seen the machine.

Not as bad as "I wanna build a power plant"? kind of question. I can play 20 questions too, but put as much info into the problem as possible. Spell out who you are like you did. Also is this a production type of device or it say for repair.

I don;t have a clue as to what this device actually does because the only thing I've been used to is the sort of ribbon elastomer kind of contact. The LCD is just dropped into place and the soft contacts make the connections to the glass. Evidently, this is more permanent.

Can you describe the machine?, shouldnt be too hard to put something together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back