Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot air rework, blisters on PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to repair a PCB and I've been a bit too aggressive using my hot air rework station. The PCB has formed "blisters" that crack and seep out black fluid (which I have no idea what is).

Did I destroy the PCB, or are the traces inside probably still intact? I don't know how many layers the PCB has.

The PCB has formed "blisters" that crack and seep out black fluid
Its the resin in the FRC board.. I sometimes get a bit of melted resin when I resolder... A little is kinda normal.
Did I destroy the PCB, or are the traces inside probably still intact? I don't know how many layers the PCB has.
Not necessarily! You will need to run continuity tests... You can always run external wire to bridge any broken tracks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back