Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hiya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitesse

Hi peeps,

Thought I'd instroduce myself as I've already made a couple of posts and it would be rude of me to not even say hello properly.

my name is Tom, I was a service technician at a large injection moulding company and mainly worked on repairing electrical, electronic and hydraulic faults on industrial robots and injection moulding presses. Nowadays I decided a cleaner career was in order so I became a train driver then instructor and electronics is just a hobby for me now mostly.

Spend a lot of time doing odd projects here and there, latest of which (not overly electronics) was a watercooled i5 PC build with my own PIC temperature controlled PWM fan controllers.

Anyways, great site and I'm hoping to learn a lot :)

Cheers

Welcome mate,
Pics of PC? i love when people mod their pc's. I just don't have the time to mod mine sadly lol.
Did you mill your own design waterblock or buy one?
I like trains :) wonderful machines. I would've loved to be an engineer in the old days lol

Cheers :)

Here's the build log for the PC

To be fair I wish I'd made the move to the railway years ago, best move I ever mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:
well I did post a link to the build-log however my post was marked as to be moderated and when its appeared the link has been removed.

I'll attach a couple of pics instead

Its an i5 3570K with an XSPC Raystorm bock, Asus P8Z77V board with 8 gig Corsair Vengeance, 2 EVGA GTX660SC 2GB cards in SLi with EK waterblocks
1000w OCZ psu with individually braided wiring (took weeks and lots of frustration). Samsung 120GB sata3 SSD, WD caviar black 1TB sata 3 HDD. Heavily tweaked TJ07 case with lots of custom metalwork. 480mm Radiator and Laing DDC3 pump

Attachments

• mostly_finished1.jpg
    mostly_finished1.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 342
  • mostly_finished2.jpg
    mostly_finished2.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 382
  • gfxcards4.jpg
    gfxcards4.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 353
To be honest mate I havnt really tried gaming heavily on it yet, only finished it a few weeks back so i'm still experimenting at getting the PWM fan speeds vs measured temperatures set up right in my PIC program for it. Ive had a light dabble at some black ops 2 and its performed well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back