Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Highly Efficient Solar Cells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a mate try it and his works fine so it appears to be a problem with the Eclipse DNS servers I use.

There is a company called Bloo Solar that is working on making more efficient thin solar cells, here's a link to their **broken link removed**.

There is a company called Bloo Solar that is working on making more efficient thin solar cells, here's a link to their **broken link removed**.

so where are their products they can praise them all they want all I want to know is how much it costs how much power they "think" it can make and how big and heavy it is.

so where are their products they can praise them all they want all I want to know is how much it costs how much power they "think" it can make and how big and heavy it is.

I Agree

It's comercialy a rubish web site

no relevant product info only a incomplete sales pitch

Robert-Jan

thats all I ever find the producers (or so they rekon) never sell direct and tell you to go to their retailers and by the time you have bought from their retailers you are being ripped off good and proper

Bloo Solar - Bloo Who - Boo hoo

I wonder about their claims myself, they are not really saying anything except what is required from a marketing perspective.
Is their anyone reading this staying in West Sacramento, CA (or near) that can contact them for a practical demonstration with real world parameters.
That's the only way to surely know what these guys are made of. And that will also show what their product is made of.
Regards

Ok if PV is so expensive in SA do you guys have Fisher & paykel washing machines over there? If so go grab so old washing machines and build your own wind turbine. If you bother to look in my sticky there plenty of links there to get you going.

Cheers Bryan

Hi Bryan

Never heard of Fisher and paykel washing machines.
I've read some posts with wind turbines that involved you and some others.
Only problem is that where I'm staying wind turbines is really bad idea. During both summer and winter there can be weeks without a breeze, then suddenly you have a wind storm lasting whole night, uprooting trees and what not, then the next day nothing. We have approx. two to four windy weeks a year, max. (Aug & Sept)
Wind turbines will only successfully work on our eastern coast areas.
I think a private co is putting a few up somewhere to see how it goes, inland another private co is putting up a small hydro plant.
I'm leaning towards Stirling genny. What do you think?

Still The Future Of Home Power

hi Trevor,
I agree with the idea of solar panels, but in my limited experience in their use, I would consider the biggest drawback is the Invertor and the storage batteries required.

Hi
I,m Daniel, I agree with you for now, but it is still the future of home power if we want to stop polution and go green. I will tell you that prices will come down and people can afford solar very soon. We can,t continue paying high price for energy for long. It will be like this, (Solar will be intergrated into every home bult in the future just like the plumbing, or lets say part of the elctrical system of every home. Till then it,s take care.

Danny

well power went up by 50 % this spring although companies said it would be 15 % now they anounce 60 % so that means in reality it will be 200 so thats 500 % in one year soon it will be cheaper to put in solar power

Now you have a point there TC.
but either case, if you use grid or solar power, someone will still rip your guts out, if you get what I mean.

well once I have the panels and everyting I can't be charged for power anymore I'd only have to pay for renewing batteries and if large batteries are used that aren't heavily stressed they can last up to 20 years i beleive a well designed inverter should last years.

at 900 £ for 375 W of solar panels (from jaycar) at 23 p/KW that will be more like 60p/Kw in a few months how long would it take to get ya moeny back and do you really think that come next spring the price of power won't double if not more ?

when it went up by 50 % last spring i decided it would be costing 10+ X what it is now in 5 years to come but perhaps that will only be in 2 years

What you are saying is absolutely true, the point I was trying to make, buying the solar panel, you are being ripped off in any case, so although you are saving in the long run, at the point of buying your panel, you're being done in. Or so I believe, maybe the numbers work out a bit differently where you are, but where I am, if the grid power is increased 100% right now, you'll most likely still be better of using it, that's how expensive solar solutions are over here.
I've done a breakdown before, somewhere in a post, it's scary.

well it depends on where you get the stuff here panels are 3 X the price of jarcars in australia so if i bought them here it would be prohibitivein the long run it will make sense though to go solar at the end of the day we are at the mercy of the utility companies because our wonderful goverment just sits there and lets them F U C K the S H I T out of us ! after all it means more VAT for them and more tax from the cpmpanies

Last edited:
Yip, seems you've read my conspiracy theory somewhere.
But what the heck is a jarcar?

By the way, Ford has released the new Mondeo in UK some months back.
You haven't had a chance to sample a model or so?

Ford SA decided it's more important for them to go bankrupt, so no such new models are released over here.

**broken link removed** carriage is free only thing to worry about is import tax if you get so unlucky (based on 2 X 175 W solar panels)

no, no conspiracy theory unless plain ripping the shirts off us is called conspiracy goverments are run by businessmen the goverment wants as much tax as possible nothing to do with conspiracy just greed, prices are rising due to lack of supply ? ok show me the people that are without gas electric and petrol

whats a new mondeo got to do with it ?

Import tax of anything this way is rather heavy.

I still say there is a conspiracy, and it's too wack the middle class to poor class.

Sorry the mondeo has nothing to do with it, except you're in the UK, you get it there, I'm in SA, don't get it here, but I might want it. I have a 2005 Mondeo, but would never know if the new one is really better.
You might have more insight, especially since the previous model have done so well over there.
If I'm wasting your time, I'll drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back