Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Frequency Tig welder issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndkirk01

Hello all,
Looking for a little insight into an issue I'm having with my little chinese DC inverter TIG welder.

After ruining the connections on my torch trigger switch I now have the following problem: With a new torch fitted (to rule that out) I turn the machine on, fan runs like normal, but the torch seems to be 'live' already without depressing the trigger. Gas is flowing already as well. Placing the tungsten very near the workpiece yields arcing/stuck electrode. So why is my torch 'live' before I ask for it to be? I think the issue lies within the High Frequency circuit but visually I see no evidence of foul play. I am new to these things but can use a volt meter if pointed in the right direction. Thanks for ideas, suggestions, etc...in advance.

You have your trigger wired wrong so it's telling the machine to power everything up like you are holding the button.

I indeed disconnected the trigger completely(via 7-pin connector) from the machine but it does the same thing; torch is live...
btw, thanks for the speedy responses

If you have a schematic or maybe you will have to trace the trigger wiring inside the unit and see where it ends up. Something appears to have blown internally.
Max.

I have one of those too, a 200a with hf start.
Sounds like something up where the old torch connected to the board, the quality of the board in mine isnt great.
I did find a schematic on a polish site for it, dont know if I still have the link, the fojrum was elektroda.

Thanks for all of your input thus far; I really appreciate it. I will continue looking for a schematic, at least for something similar. I think I need to start tracing some wires and pulling things apart so I can at least see everything and stop guessing. Thanks again all...

Does it use a relay/contactor to energize the output? If so maybe the contact points are fused together.

my initial feeling was a stuck relay as well and perhaps that is still the case...just need to figure out which one serves what function etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back