Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Current MOSEFT Circuit Resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the 470uF really necessary? I feel like it would be the largest component on the board and fairly hard to squeeze in.
This is on the output of the 7805, right? The cap is the reservoir the driver will lunch off of until the 7805 can refill it.
A 470uF 6.3v cap is about 12mm tall and 7mm dia. That's not that big.
But if it is, you can spend a few more pennies and buy a tantalum cap. Much smaller, about the size of an M&M (without the peanut).
If that's still a problem, use a smaller value cap if you have to.

I'll check again. Radioshack seemed to have some tantalum caps that might work. I really cannot wait to hook this all together and see if it works.

Good catch. "If" isn't the operative word. I'm certain that any problems will not be on the hardware end, provided I don't cross my wires. Scoping the outputs should be pretty exciting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back