Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High ADC sampling rate PIC, 18F needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PIC24HJ12GP202 or similar will allow you to sample 10bit AD @ 1.1 msps, it also has the ability to store direct to internal ram. But I am having trouble trying to get any .ASM support for this range.

Gordz said:
The PIC24HJ12GP202 or similar will allow you to sample 10bit AD @ 1.1 msps, it also has the ability to store direct to internal ram. But I am having trouble trying to get any .ASM support for this range.

Presumably, like the 18F series, support is for C programming, with a free compiler available?.

You got it right there. It's a hassle because I wanted to port my 'scope code from the 18F I'm using to the 24HJ12GP202 to take adavntage of the A/D speed. Microchip have not been able to help and I'm not about to start learning C so I now spend hours searching and trying to get a 'hello world' working.....

Gordz said:
You got it right there. It's a hassle because I wanted to port my 'scope code from the 18F I'm using to the 24HJ12GP202 to take adavntage of the A/D speed. Microchip have not been able to help and I'm not about to start learning C so I now spend hours searching and trying to get a 'hello world' working.....

I'm also 'anti-C' but for the 18F and higher series it's something you really need to learn, because that's what they are intended for, and application notes and examples are in C. Obviously you could use assembler for time critical sections, and presumably all the assembler codes are in the datasheet?.

The code is there in as much as it is listed, however it is not very clear. There are no code template available and was I have found has been from dsPIC models. From what I have piced to gether there is no reason why my 'hello world' won't work but the PIC does not seem to be running so the clock is probably not configured. That in it's self is more than a little complicated with so many options. Even if I learned C (old dog new tricks etc.) I would still need to port all the .ASM stuff I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back