Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

otibu addo

i have been given a home work to develop a clock using 60 LEDs, my problem is how do i design the diagram and what do i need?

A guy did something like this with all transistors instead of an IC. I think it took about 200 transistors in order to accomplish a effective clock, nowadays you can simply get it in an IC. I don't know of any IC's out there that would do the trick, but If you google it I'm sure you could find it.

The coinage "googled" is becoming more popular! :D

If that's the case then running the 4017's with a 555 is out of the question :D

True, but then it would depend on his budget and also his preference. Would he like to afford a better clock with more accurate circuitry involved, or does he want to make do with parts he may already have?

Based on the specification in the original post 60 LEDs and a 60 position rotary switch and just turn the knob once per minute would work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back