Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmikejt12

hi, im new here, just like to say hi to everyone :)
Im 14 years old, im into cars, computers, football and electronics. I am doing a GSCE in electronics (1st time our school has done it)

Hey, Mike!

Welcome aboard, although I am quite new around here myself. If you take a look at my post count, you can see that I quickly became addicted to this place!...

:oops:

Is there a way to rewind that post count from time to time? This is getting embarrassing :p:lol:

I have visited Liverpool about 2 years ago, and what I remember the most is all the girls getting in and out of pubs on Mathew Street nearly half naked in the middle of october :D Pretty cool city, I enjoyed every trip I made to the UK... and the food isn't *that* bad :lol:

Hello and welcome to the forum. I also did GCSE Electronics at school when I was your age! I learnt quite a bit, but what I found was that the Electronics class seemed to attract "drop-outs" who felt that a)Electronics would be an easy subject and b)They'd get to blow stuff up. Consequently not a lesson went by without some prat acting the idiot, Electronics components and systems being destroyed or even test equipment being destroyed.

I found that A-Level was much better because by that time the drop-outs had already...well... dropped out and so the ones left were a bunch genuinely interested in Electronics and who really wanted to learn. Still, GCSE Electronics was fun and I'd advise you to stick at it.

Maybe if you struggle with your homework, you can post your questions here!

Welcome to the forum.

Brian

Thanks for the welcome :)
Welcome aboard, although I am quite new around here myself. If you take a look at my post count, you can see that I quickly became addicted to this place!...
lol :D, dont think i'll be posting THAT much.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I also did GCSE Electronics at school when I was your age! I learnt quite a bit, but what I found was that the Electronics class seemed to attract "drop-outs" who felt that a)Electronics would be an easy subject and b)They'd get to blow stuff up. Consequently not a lesson went by without some prat acting the idiot, Electronics components and systems being destroyed or even test equipment being destroyed.
we only have 12 people in our class (11 boys and 1 girl)

Maybe if you struggle with your homework, you can post your questions here!
Thanks, may do that :) , it also helps that our electronics teacher takes us for form aswell, so he'll help me aswell :p lol

We had one girl in our class too. She actually stuck at it and went on to do A-Level, then a degree at University and then a Master's Degree.

Brian

Hi Mike :), I'm currently studying A-level electronics, I never had GCSE electronics at my school. This site is very helpful, between the members there is knowledge of just about any electronic circuit there is :lol:

hi electros,
a GCSE is the qualification you get when leave high school, unless of course you don't pass. you need GCSE's to get a job or a higher form of education.

Re: GCSE

4electros said:
hello mike :) welcome again to this fourm!
Could anyone here tell me what is GCSE?

If you had your location filled in, perhaps people would know where you where?, again it's important for country specific topics like this.

GCSE is a UK examination, taken around 16 years of age (at the end of year 11), and stands for "General Certificate of Secondary Education".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back