Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey like my math on the "Beck Mickle hydro generator"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ljcox said:
That is rather arrogant!

Much of the science we use today was developed in Europe during the last 500 years.

I remember a story I heard some years ago about an American company that sent some fine wires to Europe to illustrate how good their technology was. The Europeans sent them back with holes drilled down the centre!

It was an English company, and the challenge was to make the smallest tube, the Americans sent their's over, and the English returned it with a tube inside the American one :D

I struggle with Metric, only because the damn MPH's on my speedometer are larger than the KMH... At the end of the day it is what you're familiar with, or more appropriately, the environment you're in. The whole 'nature vs nurture' questions that come up in biology a lot.

I at the VERY least use mili/micro/nano for inch measures at work. The whole 1/16th 1/32th crap with inch measurements makes me sick, the person that thought it up should be drawn quartered and shot, right after everything they've done is converted <G>

Sceadwian said:
I struggle with Metric, only because the damn MPH's on my speedometer are larger than the KMH... <G>

Yes, but just think, if you convert your car to KMH then your fuel consumption will fall dramatically. You get approx 60% more KM per gallon than miles. :D :eek:

Mike.

Until you try the km per liter conversion.

Sceadwian said:
Until you try the km per liter conversion.
We use litre per 100 km. It is more sensible than km per litre.

eg. If the car uses say 8 litre/100 km then you need 32 litre for a 400 km trip.

Myth

The story about the tube/drilled wire is a myth thats been doing the rounds since the 40's!
I'm British and now live in the US and if there is one thing I've learned it's that people are pretty much the same wherever you go, the clothes change the accent etc. but everyone thinks there the best, biggest etc. the truth is were all the same! I would of thought most people would have worked that out by now!

https://www.snopes.com/business/genius/wire.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back