Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Here is an interesting problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not try again......

Well, the marker worked, but not perfectly.....I just moved the damn lamp!

Will look into another bulb when this one burns out.

I could get another trackball, but my hand likes this one. The ball is also the same size as a pool ball.....I replaced it a long time ago with an eight ball and it looks pretty cool!:D

Felt markers are just ink, why not try spray paint, your original idea, or the electrical tape that I suggested. Ink based makers have a very thin film deposit compared to just about anything else.
You can clearly see the how transparent it is if you hold a paper that has a Sharpie blotch on it up to your halogen lamp. If you have some spray glue then it might be possible to fasten aluminum foil. That would surly do it.

I just hate to see you give up!

Felt markers are just ink, why not try spray paint, your original idea, or the electrical tape that I suggested. Ink based makers have a very thin film deposit compared to just about anything else.
You can clearly see the how transparent it is if you hold a paper that has a Sharpie blotch on it up to your halogen lamp. If you have some spray glue then it might be possible to fasten aluminum foil. That would surly do it.

I just hate to see you give up!

I didn't give up yet........I just got off work and stopped by the hardware store for a can of spray paint.

Gonna fix this sucker once and for all.;)

And, no offense Rolf.......but I hate electrical tape.......it always has a mind of it's own, and I don't keep it around!

Last edited:
You can monitor the signal on the IR sensor if you have an oscilloscope. Covering the lamp with nonconductive material is a good idea, it would isolate the possibility that it is the EMI that it causing it, our hand can shield(or deflect) EMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back