Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with wiring up a IEC320 C14 socket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess a "ring tag" is probably a ring terminal. They are available in rings and forks and some combination where a ring and a fork is combined.

They are also available in insulated and uninsulated. You pick the screw size and the range of wire. The crimpers necessary are different for insulated and uninsulated wires.

For the insulated wires, there is a piece of plastic, usually blue, red or yellow which is crimped to the insulation and the wire is crimped as well.

An uninsulated crimper really puts a dent in the terminal.

Strain relieving the cable should be done separately if required.

I might be wrong but I think that the diagonal black wire (live wire) shown in comment: #7

needs to move over to the right so that the live supply is taken from the other side (safe side) of the fuse

I might be wrong but I think that the diagonal black wire (live wire) shown in comment: #7

needs to move over to the right so that the live supply is taken from the other side (safe side) of the fuse

Well, considering the question was from 2011, I'm guessing either,
a) he stopped working on it and it is now in the back of his closet, or,
b) everything is fine, or,
c) his house burned down, or
d) for a long time it was b until c happened.

Either way, I'm sure the question is no longer burning in the mind of the OP.

Last edited:
Well, considering the question was from 2011, I'm guessing either,
a) he stopped working on it and it is now in the back of his closet, or,
b) everything is fine, or,
c) his house burned down.

Either way, I'm sure the question is no longer burning in the mind of the OP.

I found this thread because I needed to find out how to wire this type of switch. So someone else may probably be looking for this information in the future too

Hi, found this thread and hope u can help me: i wanna hook up 3 standard 250v 5w led lamps with an iec230 power switch. The setup is seen in the pictures - and its not working :( . i dont know what im doing wrong.

The bulb sockets do not come with a ground-wire option so left in unused.

I want the lamp of the switch to turn on when the lights are on.

Thx

Edit: I found the problem, everything was in order except the fuse was missing. I didn’t know this thing had a fuse until I checked.

Attachments

• FB374E7B-B162-4610-9F51-2A5D7E85F2B5.jpeg
    FB374E7B-B162-4610-9F51-2A5D7E85F2B5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
  • 9719258E-A8B5-463F-8773-E2A178473B44.jpeg
    9719258E-A8B5-463F-8773-E2A178473B44.jpeg
    987.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 0AA07618-4CFD-4020-9C26-715CCF3B99FF.jpeg
    0AA07618-4CFD-4020-9C26-715CCF3B99FF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Status